Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got to do a little work on this gem:evil I love working on the big rigs

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! What did you do to it besides drool on it?
Install the LED light bar, Amber LED bar on the trailer, clear LED cab lights.

Its coming back in two weeks to get all new air cleaner lights and to fix the seat in it.

The Driver seat has a heater, massage, and vibrator in it

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the main payload. That grinder will eat 2-3' diameter oak trees

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
sweet looking rig. maybe one day when im older ill buy and old rig to tinker on and haul the toys around

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Nice. I sure like 'em! I ride with friends any chance I can get.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I love them! It runs in the family. My grandpa worked for the state on the big rigs they have, my uther grandpa drove a pete pulling mobal homes. My uncle worked for peterbelt and now for international total 22 years now and my dad worked for freightliner up till the day he died witch was 24 years and has the new style truck on his stone. Now I have all his tools and I'm planing on going to school to open up my own shop. So I'm a fan by blood.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I enjoy them, some days I hate driving them. We just have 2 old farm trucks, but gets the job done for us when needed. The day I hit the lottery I'm buying a daycab Lonestar in flat black...

·
Davey B
930 Posts
I drive 1 that looks alot like that Big stroker and i pull the exact same qaud axle low boy trailer. Somedays its alot of fun doing it, other times it can be a nightmare dealing with horrible drivers especially when your dragging around oversized and over weight loads. Its a very nice lookin pete, but, IMO that wing on the hood needs to go.

·
Road Hammer
628 Posts
When I check out more rigs I pass than girls, I would say yes, I have a certain fondness for them.

·
Fire junkie
536 Posts
Have always loved them, grew up in the cab of a truck as dad ran 6 of them, spent some time behind the wheel myself running one of his cattle pots.....

·
Registered
183 Posts
nice looking unit. looks like it has lots of potential enjoy your new toy.

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
I have a thing for em...black 379 Pete flat box sleeper with 10" mitres pointed up in the sky. I just got my cdl last with tanker endorsement. Still tryin to find a job. One day I will have my own rig.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I have a thing for em...black 379 Pete flat box sleeper with 10" mitres pointed up in the sky. I just got my cdl last with tanker endorsement. Still tryin to find a job. One day I will have my own rig.

Dont have any new pics, truck has a few different things on it now and has red fenders.

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
used to drive any one of these depending on the day when i was building logging roads:

87 Pete, Cummins Big Cam 400 III, 13spd

91 KW, Cat 3406B, 18spd

72 KW, Cummins 350 Big Cam I, 10spd

·
Registered
115 Posts
Something about boys and big trucks! I used to drive fire engines around when I was a volunteer. I appreciate the drivers the most, It burns my a$$ when I see "Not a truck route" around towns. The same people that voted to have that sign there would be the first ones griping when they couldn't get the cargo off that trailer.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
I enjoy them, some days I hate driving them. We just have 2 old farm trucks, but gets the job done for us when needed.
Same here, not really a huge fan of driving them, but they sure do look cool. We gotta a 70's KW, 80's Fruitliner, and I dunno what year but I'd guess 70's White Western Star Dumptruck.

I'm gonna be haulin rock a bit this summer with the KW and White. While I'm not excited, I guess it beats doin a lot of other stuff....

1 - 20 of 68 Posts