Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is time to get new headlights becuase I have a crack in one of them. I would really like to get clear lens lights and want info on where you got yours and how you like the beam. Some lights I hear have a weird pattern on the road and I would like to avoid those. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i bought a set off of ebay about 2 years ago, 100 bucks for the pair. i just have regular bulbs in them but i like them alot. the name of the dealer or what ever was car parts depot i believe. not sure if they still sell them or not

·
kracker96
15 Posts
i also ordered mine on ebay....i belive the same place..ive had them on my truck about a year and i love them. gave my truck a whole nother look and the beam is great, ive got the bright blueish white bulbs...not the hid but look like it. but i love mine!!!

:bowfast:

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I just bought a set off ebay but have yet to install them.

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EBAY is where I have been looking. Just wondering how the quallity is of the lights. I will look into the car parts depot seller and see what they have. Do they come with bulbs or do you need to get new ones?

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
LMC sells some. i dont know how good they are, someone should know on here.. but if they suck you can return them

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
My new ebay lenses did not come with bulbs.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
EBAY is where I have been looking. Just wondering how the quallity is of the lights. I will look into the car parts depot seller and see what they have. Do they come with bulbs or do you need to get new ones?
They are nice I am just lazy I need to install them.

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I just bought the lights from Trend Gear. What sucks is I have to pay $50 to ship the dang things about 55 miles. Oh well..... I plan on running new bulbs when I install these so off for more searching online to see what the hot ticket is. An I dont want blue lights.

·
PSN nerd
2,301 Posts
I ran the piaa intense white

PIAA

I really liked them they were a super white color, barely a detectable hint of blue. They were less blue than the 5000k 55W retro solutions HID's that I have now. I dont know what headlights I got but they were pretty good with the PIAA's and not as good with the HID's but I am working on putting projector beams in it now.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I have silverstar ultras right now I like them and they are pretty darn white.
My stock headlight lenses are trashed and I need to swap them,I bought a set off ebay but they are not dot stamped and I am kinda rethinking the whole deal.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Hey Aljay,

Am thinking about new lenses as well, as mine have fine pits and almost look like fine bubbles in the lens material? Anyways was trying to find a reputable company, one that has good light distribution pattern and clean cut off lowbeam line. There appears to be a host of them on E-bay but I don't want junk and would prefer to have DOT approved. Has anyone used the LMC ones?

I have ran PIAA Super Whites for a number of years and they are good albeit pricey here in Canada....have read that some guys use the Goss (?) wiring and relays with heavier duty wiring and lights are even brighter....mmm...not sure why that is but lotsa guys really like that setup??

jrc

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Hey Aljay,

Am thinking about new lenses as well, as mine have fine pits and almost look like fine bubbles in the lens material? Anyways was trying to find a reputable company, one that has good light distribution pattern and clean cut off lowbeam line. There appears to be a host of them on E-bay but I don't want junk and would prefer to have DOT approved. Has anyone used the LMC ones?

I have ran PIAA Super Whites for a number of years and they are good albeit pricey here in Canada....have read that some guys use the Goss (?) wiring and relays with heavier duty wiring and lights are even brighter....mmm...not sure why that is but lotsa guys really like that setup??

jrc
I have the GOS harness and yes it makes a difference. You take the load of a brighter bulb and its requirments off the headlight switch .You get 13 + volts right from the battery. Harness has relays and is a nice product ,I am electricly challenged so I got the harness .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts