Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says... Who is running a big single battery? What kind and how much? My batterys are shot and wont charge, so im thinking of swapping to a single if its not more $$$ or hopefully even a little less :D

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Me... No prob.

Text me.
Screw that. Post up your info. Some more of us might like to know the same info......
What kind? What CCA? Where did you get it?

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
I think you can get away with it if it dont get cold in your as to where you have to really use the glow plugs.

That or it would have to be one hell of a battery.

Anyone have the starting specs for our trucks.

What is the minimum CCA and all that good stuff. That is what you need to look at if you want to get a nice single.

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
You live in Cali, I would think you should be
just fine with a single. Reuben

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
I've ran a single since beginning of spring and the truck still starts in less then 2 seconds now and it's been in the 40's lately here.

I have a single gold top duralast, that is 2 years old.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
They sell some very powerful single battery's at 18 wheeler parts counters. I'd consider using one of those.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
It's just the biggest battery from Wally World that I could fit... Can't remember the specs. But it's no big deal. I guess if it got super cold, it wouldn't be as great, but I have no problem with it at all. Even after a few hours of playing the radio.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info so far guys. Thanks marty, so your running one stock battery? So just running one stock battery your truck works just like it still has both?

Im trying to remember who, but somone was running a bigger than stock battery as a single. Might have been moore7.3 i think? If i can remember i was going to ask them too.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Thanks for the info so far guys. Thanks marty, so your running one stock battery? So just running one stock battery your truck works just like it still has both?

Im trying to remember who, but somone was running a bigger than stock battery as a single. Might have been moore7.3 i think? If i can remember i was going to ask them too.
I know Andy dont have any room for a 2nd battery on the intake side but I'm not sure if he is running a single or if he is running 2 on one side.

I'm sure he will share it wish us when he sees this.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Yup one stocker. Jason (HotRodTractor) said he noticed a power difference with only one battery. I may have just not noticed myself? :shrug:

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Mikey was running a big single battery, but I can't remember what the name was.

Dave

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Moore2001 has a huge single in a Job box in his bed. Only problem is buying welding cable to reach that far isn't quite as cheap as speaker wire.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I'd just ground it to the frame if it was mine.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Would you be able to run just a hot cable and ground to the frame? Or would you run the ground all the way back?
Thanks for asking, this was my next question... And no your not on ignore, im just seeing what everyone has done. Thats what i was telling you before, i thought somone (moore) had a HUGE battery, i wouldnt mind going over kill with a bigger battery if the price is right. But im just looking at all my options :D

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
I have grounded to the frame.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts