Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for anyone that has BMF Wheels on their truck with 35" or bigger Toyo M/T's and truck is equipped with TPMS... Running into issues and I just am hoping to rule out the wheels as the cause of the problems I'm having. I know the tires aren't at fault because I used them on my first truck with the TPMS and it functioned as it should.

Thanks.

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
whats tpms? the wheel sensors in the newer trucks?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
wish i could help you buddy my truck didnt come with tire pressure sensors, you might pm bigrpowr, i think his truck had them but he is only running 33 inch tall tires.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have them in my 2008 with 35's and 20" bmf's. No problems here.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've got TPMS. I purchased new bands and then it's been smooth sailing ever since. I've had 37" Kumhos and BFG's and 38" BFG's.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have 37's on Sotas and TPMS. My light has been on ever since. Could get it off but that high of pressure makes the ride worse.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My light isn't for low pressure.. It's for Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault is what is displayed on the message center. I've scanned the smart junction box codes and looked at all the data and it shows a Fault for all 4 sensors.

I'm glad to see you guys with the band sensors aren't having problems.. Unfortunatley I have the valve stem sensors, and noone has chimed in yet that has this type. I'll keep plugging away at it until I get it solved I guess.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have the stem sensors on my 2010 truck, but 33" tires and mazzi hulk 20's. No problems on these either. Did you train the senors so the computer knows there new location(assuming the senors didn't go back the their original location on the truck)?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not using the original sensors. I bought new sensors at the Ford dealer. I had these sensors in my Mazzi hulk wheels with the same Toyo tires on the F250 and everything worked fine. But since I put them on the F350 and BMF wheels I can't get them to train. I think the sensors may have gotten damaged during mounting or died while sitting dormant for 3 months in my garage after the wreck. I'm going to try new sensors and see if I can get that to work.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Do you think the Sensors only have compatibility with the TPMS they were on to begin with ?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They're OEM Ford TPMS sensors. Unless the F350 uses a different sensor than the F250. According to the parts lady at the dealer they both use the same snap in valve stem type sensor 3L3Z-1A189-A

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
the rears are gonna have to be run at 80 and i dont know if the sensor is different compared to a 250 too...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't care what the pressure is supposed to be at this point. The sensors won't even train to the vehicle let alone tell it how much air is in them. I'll deal with low pressure later once I get the sensors to actually work. Someone on another forum has found a way to program the SJB to allow the rear tires to run at 65 like the fronts or whatever pressure you want... Illegal yes... but alot of the aftermarket tires run different psi's.. And really I don't see why it would be illegal anyway since TPMS is only required on vehicles 10,000lbs GVWR and under. My truck is 11400 GVWR.

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
The sensors may be different for the pressure and not communicating with the SJB. Or not communicating because they are already trained to another vehicle. Its hard to so i guess.
Got any more info on the reprogramming the SJB for pressure?

·
Banned
333 Posts
try taking it to a tire center, or the dealer ship and have them all re programmed. my guess is that when they put you new wheels and tires on they mixed up the sensors. i see this problem all the time at work or when they went and dis mounted your old wheels they hit the sensors, done that my self once.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts