Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says. I currently have an account with ups and it is all based on how much $ you spend on shipping the month before. Well with all the packages etc ive been sending out it has been running around 600 bucks a month in shipping. As of lately it seems to of gone to #### in the fact that they have switched labels on 2 of my packages ( went to the opposite people they were suppose to) and when my packages do arrive somewhere. they are beat to hell. I buy brand new boxes and very rarely every reuse boxes for whatever reason. My only options are fed ex, usps or UPS. And really they are about the same distance wise. Just seems like the rates with ups have gone through the roof lately ( and thats with my discount as well) im not sure if its just me or if others have had this problem as well.

Any info/experience would be helpful.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hanes

·
Strokin since '94
474 Posts
Used USPS but lately they've been slacking....took 6 days for them to get a small package from OK to NE, usually a 7 hour'ish drive

·
Along for the ride
185 Posts
Seems like everything I get from Fed-ex is beat to $h!t. I have had pretty good luck with UPS, haven't sent or received anything lately though.

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
All the carriers suck other than the small ish ones like Cal Overnight and other regional carriers. The big ones all toss around packages and dont give a crap about how they are handled. I have had better handling of USPS boxes but I personally cant use them very much due to size requirements and cost. We typically use UPS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
UPS 95% of the time, unless it's a small and light package. We've had the typical complaints about items received with the boxes pretty well beat up. We, too, use brand new boxes every time we ship an item. I would suggest getting a hold of your account representative (if you don't have one, they'll get you one) and tell them the complaints you've been getting and your dissatisfaction with their rate increases. Ours actually came out to our shop and sat down with us for half-hour or so to discuss. While the rates aren't any cheaper, at least someone is looking into the brutality inflicted upon the packages! Hopefully enough complaints from big $$ customers will prompt some changes.

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
i used to work at ups before i joined the army and the boxes are beat up because they go down conveyors and sometimes boxes get jammed up and there is a lot of pressure on the boxes. its not like they're bein thrown and stepped on and ran over, but with the volume especially right now durin peak season its hard not to mess up a few.

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
i used to work at ups before i joined the army and the boxes are beat up because they go down conveyors and sometimes boxes get jammed up and there is a lot of pressure on the boxes. its not like they're bein thrown and stepped on and ran over, but with the volume especially right now durin peak season its hard not to mess up a few.
Do all packages get run down the converyors or is their a weight/size cutoff that gets handled differently?

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
anything above 70 gets carried around the plant by like an electric lawn mower with trailers behind it, and stuff like rugs and stuff get done the same way, anything that would clog up the pit or the belt gets brought around by the irregular (e-reg) train

·
Administrator
8,563 Posts
usps only. fedex, ups, dhl all suck donkey schlong.
they love to change address to where they want to send the package, not to where i want to send it.

and most of the time, usps is cheaper too.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anything above 70 gets carried around the plant by like an electric lawn mower with trailers behind it, and stuff like rugs and stuff get done the same way, anything that would clog up the pit or the belt gets brought around by the irregular (e-reg) train
i know at the ups i use I go directly to the local hub. The ups stores have some retard in them so its easier to go directly to the hub. And i know that everything is put on a conveyer at this particular hub.

people say its packaged well just everything looks like its beat to hell. Now on the flip side i have recieved many things from usps and they do not look at be that bad. I dont know if i put fragile on anything if they would care anymore or not LOL

Just like everyone im looking for cheapest shipping solution on smaller packages.

Now as far as my motors and heavy items ive used freightcenter.com and had awesome service with them. They let you choose multiple carriers and also set you up with a repersentitive

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
oh and off topic but if you ever need insurance and want to get a part tim job ups has some of the best benefits for any part time employer. i loved it when i worked there

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont have enough time for my business much less a part time job LOL

i hear those guys on the trucks make bank like 60-80k

1 - 13 of 13 Posts