Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
hit n miss
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an early 94-95 water pump laying around that could take a quick measurement? I need the dimension from top of the outlet housing to top of the thermostat bypass sealing surface. This needs to be an accurate measurement, either with a depth mic or dial caliper with a proper depth attachment.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Does it have to be a 94-95 pump? I have one for a '97 lying on my bench.

What are your plans?

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
60 Posts
same pump should work....what ^ he said what is your plans?

·
hit n miss
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is just for personal amusement at the moment. Pump in my pic is an iron body from IH and measures 1.455. I want to know what the early 94-95 pump measures. Billy since you already have a 97 pump on the bench could you measure that for me? Save me taking mine apart this weekend. I'm curious as to if it is the same as the IH pump or not.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
The early pumps used the short thermostat while the later ones used the long thermostat (that's why you can easily get a 203F thermostat for the early trucks, but you have to get the Dieselsite 203F thermostat for the later trucks). Cheers!

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Patrick is right, the early pumps are not the same as the later pumps.

Dave

·
Shortbus driver
223 Posts
This is just for personal amusement at the moment. Pump in my pic is an iron body from IH and measures 1.455. I want to know what the early 94-95 pump measures. Billy since you already have a 97 pump on the bench could you measure that for me? Save me taking mine apart this weekend. I'm curious as to if it is the same as the IH pump or not.
The IH pump uses the 94-95 style short thermostat. Stant makes a 205* stat. I did the conversion a couple years ago.

·
ohh bee ess
50 Posts
^^^correcto! '97 uses the the longer t-stat (195* ?). Napa also has the 205* shortie early 'stat (probably made by Stant).

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

Attachments

·
hit n miss
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gentleman thank you for the measurements!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts