Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i nfeed some help i just bought a 94 7.3 powerstroke and it just loves blowing white smoke. at idle it doesnt blow much but when you rev it up it absolutly loves to blow smoke i mean its a insain amount. it is slow on acceleration and has no power i believe the injectors are good im tossing around the idea that it might be the pcm. any help would be appreciated thankyou

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hmmm... could be a few things. Oversized injectors on the stock tune? I.E. did the previous owner chip the truck and then pull the chip, but not the injectors before selling it to you? Are the injectors loose and allowing fuel to leak into the combustion chamber? Cracked injector cups? If you don't know the history, I would pull the injectors and have them flow tested as a start before doing anything with the PCM. While you have the injectors out I'd inspect the cups for cracks. Assuming the injector cups are fine, get new orings and reinstall the injectors and run the truck to see if it smokes. At this point I'd start looking at the PCM.

Cj

·
PSN intsigator
6,699 Posts
I would prolly start with a compression test and go from there

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
How's your coolant level?

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts