Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a 2012 F250 with 170K miles. My check engine light came on a while back for the glow plugs. I took it to the mechanic and they said there wasn’t anything wrong with the glow plugs, but that it might be a short in the glow plug module somewhere. Didn’t get to it on time to finish in one day. I’ve been driving it around and recently it started blowing puffs of white smoke at idle and while I drive also. It goes away and then comes back after a good while. Anyone have some idea of what the smoke could be about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2011 6.7L (Current)
24 Posts
Could be a few things:
1. Oil getting past rings
2. Fuel contamination
3. Oil/air leak of some sort.

If it comes out of your tailpipe, then I’d just trace back from there until I maybe see evidence of something external getting into exhaust. If you don’t, then you have an internal engine issue.

My $0.02

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Smell the smoke. Does it smell like fuel or coolant? Are you using coolant on either primary or secondary? Next thing you’d need to do is look at balance rates for fuel injectors. You could have an injector over fueling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, so I got the glow plug thing fixed up. But still was getting smoke out the back pipe. I haven’t seen if it’s blue or white. But i went to my coolant reservoir and noticed it’s about 2 inches under the fill line. I filled it back up, and a couple hours later it was down again. I only have my dpf deleted with a straight pipe, my egr is still in but is not connected

1 - 7 of 7 Posts