Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a lot of white smoke pouring out the exhaust at times. This is not all the time. Truck is stock it a 2010 what should I be looking into. Took to the shop they said they could not find anything.

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
What are the weather conditions when this occurs? If its humid or raining out when this occurs it could be your CAC. There is a TSB for this. Also check to see if its in regen when this happens.

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
Hopefully its not an egr cooler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could also be a turbo oil seal (cooked from 1800 degree regens) or turbo oil drain problem. Do you have a CCV mod by chance??? Some of those raise crankcase pressure enough to cause oil to not drain out of the turbos fast enough (turbos are pressurized oil feed, but gravity drained).
It really depends on what fluid (if any) you are losing. Losing coolant...probably an EGR cooler , maybe a head gasket. Losing oil.....Probably something with the turbos. Not losing any fluid....Probably moisture buildup in the CAC or a regen (if you still have a DPF)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found that it was going in the Regen. I was not giving it enough time to clean out. Therefore it was coming back on everytime I drove. Thanks for all the helpful info.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Could also be a turbo oil seal (cooked from 1800 degree regens) or turbo oil drain problem. Do you have a CCV mod by chance??? Some of those raise crankcase pressure enough to cause oil to not drain out of the turbos fast enough (turbos are pressurized oil feed, but gravity drained).
It really depends on what fluid (if any) you are losing. Losing coolant...probably an EGR cooler , maybe a head gasket. Losing oil.....Probably something with the turbos. Not losing any fluid....Probably moisture buildup in the CAC or a regen (if you still have a DPF)
I've monitored my Regen cycle many times and never seen above 1500 but did stay above 1100 the whole time.. If you are hitting 1800 you better start watching your pistons and worry about the turbo seals later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts