Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i need some help, i am at a complete loss and have been reading for days with no real answer.

i have an 04 with no major modifications, it has recently been bulletproofed with brand new heads and that is it. my truck has 193,xxx miles.

last week i threw an injector, #2 to be exact. i have pulled it replaced it, started it, then the #1 went out, i then replaced that one. BOTH INJECTORS CAME STRAIGHT FROM FORD, NO REMAN INJECTORS.

now after replacing the #1 it is throwing a cylinder imbalance #2 again (p0266). and i cannot figure out why. the motor when running has a slight rough idle and rolls white smoke that smells like diesel fuel. no sweet smell like coolant and no blue tint like oil. i tried to compression test the motor but the kit i bought doesn't have a fitting for the motor.

FICM HAS BEEN TESTED and i am putting out 50 volts at all times. the lowest it got was 48v during cranking.

i have seen that the 04 had injector harness issues due to how it was routed, and i have poked around to see if that would make a worse idle or smooth it out. no such luck.

the only codes thrown is the p0266 and a few for glow plugs due to the modulator for them is bad on two unrelated cylinders....

any advice will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so i put an actual computer reader (Snap-On). come to find out, the FICM is at fault... even doing a bench test of it on the truck, you can still get a false positive. the FICM should base line at 48V but should continue to build to the actual injector, up to anywhere from 70 to 100V

1 - 2 of 2 Posts