Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is a 06 with 20600 miles its my dads truck and injector #5 comes up for balance fault and glow plug 5 bad that's been bad for a while, but the other day we were going up a sleep hill for a long time going to lake placid with the trailer to work and when the blower kicked on it was fine a first then it started a squeaking sound this was while climbing the hill and the blower has not came on since, now this mornig it was smokeing while idleing then going up the road it was smokeing white and blue for about a thousand feet then it changed to black and it does it every time it takes off and i checked the anti freeze and it was empty. any ideas sorrk for the long post if something need clarification let me know im not good at evpalinging stuff

·
Diffrent Strokes
350 Posts
Well, it sounds like he needs to replace the injector and glow plug for starters. Then it also sounds like a blown egr cooler. He should replace the injector, glow plug, and do a egr delete then see where his truck is at from that point. If its only got 20,600 miles he should just have warranty eat it!

·
Registered
588 Posts
He gonna keep that one or trade it?

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Replace injector and glowplug, and Delete that POS EGR cooler.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He gonna keep that one or trade it?

i dont know he is looking at a 2010 6.4 i guess but he is tradeing it in if he does i got the parts for his truck right next to me i suggested the egr delete to him but its a work truck and i think he just wants to upgrade
:shrug::shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts