Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My trucks been puffing out white/blue smoke when i take off at stoplights, and when the motor is still cold it will haze out. I figured it was a bad turbo seal, so this weekend i tore down the turbo and sure enough it was leaking oil. I cleaned it all up, replaced all the seals and bushings and what not, and put it back on the truck. Its now blowing even more white smoke on take offs, and it has a real light haze when it sits there and idles. I thought it might be a weak injector but the truck starts cold with no struggle like you usually would have with a couple weak injectors. Its studded, deleted, and sct tuned. any ideas on what it could be? thanks!

·
Certified Engine Destroye
533 Posts
Have you done a compression check?

·
Registered
39 Posts
What treetech said.........also, my first thought was maybe injector orings???

·
533 Posts
O-rings would be fine i would think. He said white/blue smoke, so makes me think its oil or coolant. Youd think hed notice the raw fuel smell if his orings were bad.

·
Registered
39 Posts
True dat

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
compression should be fine, has no symptoms of having low compression, and when we had the motor apart you could still see the crosshatch in the cylinders.

·
533 Posts
Well id check that turbo again then.

·
533 Posts
Couldve cut the oring on turbo install. I know this is cylinder related but do you have factory ccv?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah still have factory ccv. havent done much research on it but what are the benifits of doing the ccv mod?

·
533 Posts
Pull your air filter out and the intake tube and see if its loaded with oil. If by chance youre getting extra pressure in the crank case you could be blowing oil out of the ccv into the intake thus causing your smoke. Its a long shot but easy to check. First you need to fix that turbo oring though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay ill check it out tomorow and see if theres oil in it. And i replaced the turbo oring this weekend when i rebuilt the turbo, so it should be good to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts