Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my truck has been puffing white smoke for the first minute of driving it. I thought it was just condesation burning off but it puffs white smoke after i go into the store or at the gas station. If it sits for 10-15 minutes it will puff white smoke when i start the truck and when it idles there will be a slight haze of white smoke, when i pull outt on the road it will just blow white smoke like a train, eventually it will stop but it kind of has me worried... I cant check the egr valve yet cause i dont have the replacement gasket when i remove the valve. I unplugged the egr valve to see if it makes a difference in the smoke but it doesnt. Im new to diesels so i dont know whole lot about them yet.

Thanks for the replies!!

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,215 Posts
Very well might be an injector or several injectors that are dumping fuel. Not something to let go for long.

Get something to read codes with. IMO downloading ForScan to a smartphone is a great option. You will need to buy an ELM327 OBDII adapter with that. Total cost is around $40.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,215 Posts
Did you get anything to read engine parameters with? I see you have other posts, but no response to this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts