Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mullet enthusiast
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this happend as I was just driving my truck around after a higher rpm sprint and I slowed to go up a hill and it started to idle erratically then rougher and rougher and started missing, then bellowing white smoke all the while not having any power and im not getting any CEL nor will it stay running all that long now.
The rig is a 94 f350 7.3 PSD 5speed 184k
Any help is much appreciated guys !

·
oilfield trucker
849 Posts
Check your oil, when was it last changed?

·
Whites Diesel Performance
388 Posts
I got 50 bucks on you blew a nozzle;) i just had ANOTHER truck do that last week. Had one the week before do the same thing. Didnt throw a code or anything just compression on cylinder 1 was only 320psi, pulled injector and what do you know half the nozzles missing lol

·
Registered
926 Posts
is your truck stock? list anything done to the ol' girl to help us point you in the right direct. but just like said above, a blown nozzle will start, idol and rev up terrible. white smoke is unburn fuel.

worst case is you blew a head gasket and that will show similar signs BUT it would smell sweet and youd be going threw a mass amount by the sounds of it. check your res and let us know!

·
Mullet enthusiast
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea the truck is stock just have parts on the shelf for it , its only got an intake and a straight pipe right now. The smoke out the tail pipe smells extrememly foul not sweet like coolant at all and my radiator is full of coolant(Could'nt see the color as its dark outside right now).

·
Whites Diesel Performance
388 Posts
Also very seldom the copper washer can break causing compression to sneak buy burn the lower oring to burn up and dump fuel in the cylinder

·
Registered
472 Posts
Unfortunately most dealerships I've run into only have parts replacement techs ( on your dime). I'd ask around to find a reputable private shop. Your area may be different but that's what I've run into here.

·
Mullet enthusiast
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
our dealershi[ in town has a awesome tech ive used him a few times before, I just dont know if I should start yankin injectors to find the problem or have a diagnostic and know where the problem lies ,I just hate spending money like this haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts