Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My o6 has started smoking white, egr deleted
H11's in and sound engine. What could cause white smoke ? I let the the truck warm up but on take off it smokes and after 2 miles I get it on take off again but do not see it after that ? I'm running no tune and it still has some smoke ?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What does the smoke smell like?
I have been the only driver while taking off not sure off hand . I run stanadyne in the fuel 24/7 ,
I'm thinking unburnt fuel / warming up ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Turbo seals could be shot. Just got mine back after a brand new center section.

Mine would smoke on start-up and from a stop. The longer I sat idle at a light, the more white smoke I would get on take-off...once the turbo was completely up to operating temps I didn't see much smoke. Dealer told me that is because the housing is hot enough to burn the oil off as it leaks past the seals so you don't notice it. When it is cold, it will pool until you take off from a stop and get the EGT's hot enough to burn the oil.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turbo seals could be shot. Just got mine back after a brand new center section.

Mine would smoke on start-up and from a stop. The longer I sat idle at a light, the more white smoke I would get on take-off...once the turbo was completely up to operating temps I didn't see much smoke. Dealer told me that is because the housing is hot enough to burn the oil off as it leaks past the seals so you don't notice it. When it is cold, it will pool until you take off from a stop and get the EGT's hot enough to burn the oil.
FaSSt9602
This is exactly what mine does ... Thanks

Abrannan19
I removed the tune and running stock just to see if smoke is there . Yelp still there.

·
Banned
1,020 Posts
there is a bulletin (recall) on the supply or drain line to / from the turbo .
Thats what caused my white discharge from stop top stop.
$100. deduct.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there is a bulletin (recall) on the supply or drain line to / from the turbo .
Thats what caused my white discharge from stop top stop.
$100. deduct.
Bad thing is my warranty ran out March 10th from what I was told :doh: I guess I'll have to drop it off Monday and see what happens from there ..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does it seam "boggy" when it smokes? Mine did and the dealer replaced 2 injectors which solved the problem
HMM No never boggy just sux without my tune in it haaha

·
Registered
115 Posts
I still say turbo. If you are out of warranty, borrow one you know is good, or see how much a new center section is and rebuild yours. When you shut the truck off does it the turbo slowing down sound like marbles in a dryer?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I still say turbo. If you are out of warranty, borrow one you know is good, or see how much a new center section is and rebuild yours. When you shut the truck off does it the turbo slowing down sound like marbles in a dryer?
NO not at all on that it sounds pretty good just hear the thing turning . It sounds good no clanking or marble sound

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Does it seam "boggy" when it smokes? Mine did and the dealer replaced 2 injectors which solved the problem
Ya my truck did the same...Ran like chit when it was cold untill she warmed up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts