Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I know this has been discussed a lot and Ive done searching but cant find anything specific to my question.

If I have a hung injector causing lots of white smoke but my power is still as it should be, could I even have low compression on 1 cylinder or 2? Is it even possible?

Reason I ask is I badly need the truck for work and Im trying to rig together the compression test tool but cant find the m10-1.0 male to 1/8 npt locally in my city. And I dont have time to wait for shipping.

I want to get some stage 1s but Im not going to spend the money if my motor is toast. I didnt drive long maybe 3 miles when I noticed the really bad smoke, its been smoking white very lightly until now for a couple weeks.

I really want the stage 1s and really really want my motor to be not ruined.

Can anybody chime in and at least give me some hope my motor is ok? I really appreciate it, I feel sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ordered stage 1s and sent my chip off to Jody, taking a gamble that my motor is ok keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is it doing this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
YESS!!! Mine is doing that.. right before it dies! I have to wait about 20-30 mins to start it again, then dies the same way again. Got it home checked the oil, fuel bowl... but All I can do is start it like normal wait for it to warm (bout 4-5 mins) then it starts that crap again, along with the knocking and then dies... What is it???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes but not knocking and no driveability or idle problems! I took the gamble and pulled my injectors and some are coked up pretty good from homemade biodiesel.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
psd77066,

From everything Ive found out, you do NOT want to run that truck or try to start it. If you are semi mechanical and have time, pull the valve covers off and plug the harness back in and start the truck and look for an injector to have oil dumping out from underneath it instead of dumping out from the oil spout.

This is the way a guy without a scanner does the injector test. If you have a problem on the fuel side of the injector, this test probably wont help you. I hear you can hydrolock and wash down a cylinder quickly by running a truck like that for long or short...

·
Registered
31 Posts
DHTD...Wouldnt I be smoking A lot of blue smoke and be low on oil if I was dumping oil into the cylinder? What is "washing down a cylinder"

Thanks again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes but not knocking and no driveability or idle problems! I took the gamble and pulled my injectors and some are coked up pretty good from homemade biodiesel.
Sound like you found you cause Ive even seen a 12v Cummins injectors ruined by waste oil (and they will drink anything).

The truck in that video had a tip of its injector break off (after cracking) from excessive cranking when installing remaned injectors. Your truck eventually dies because one of the cylinders is hydrolocking DO NOT run the truck until you replace the trashed injector(s). Hopefully you havent run it too much already, otherwise itll go from fixing a $250 injector to replacing $4000.00 worth of conecting rods and pistons.

After replacing the offending injector the truck ran good, the turbo passed the injector tip apparently, because the truck hauled 10k lbs from CA to PA the very next week. These are tough motors but you have to listen when its trying to tell you its hurt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts