Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
cjsobas
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 f350 the dash is the dull green factory lights and black cluster. i would really like to change this. i wanted white around the gauges so i ordered a overlay from whitegauges.com. they just stick on the factory overlay. now as for the color i am having issues finding out how to remove the green tint from the back of the gauge overlay. how would i go about removing the needles and putting them back on so they are acurate.

i ahve this idea that if a take a 9v batt and some jumper leads and conect it to the gauge terminals then mark where they sit it will be acurate. or i might fry the board :badidea:

also i was wondering if there was a tool i needed to remove the gauge needles.......

·
cjsobas
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks it did kindaa lol. when you removed the needles how did you make sure they were accurate and or back in the same place

·
Road Hammer
628 Posts
To be honest, I haven't gotten to it yet.

What I'm going to do is just take a picture of the needles when the engine is at warm idle. Then just try to put them back in the same place. The Speedo, Tach and fuel level are the only ones to really worry about accuracy, the rest are just basically idiot lights/dumby gauges.

·
cjsobas
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'll be doing all this all at the end of the week. Guess I'll find out if I break anything. And how hard it will be I will definitely post pictures and a detailed explanation of how hard it is. Because its a neat interior mod if i can do it

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
There are some picks or a video floating around, were They show how to scrape the green coating off. Was pretty straight forward.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
if your putting in a new face there should not be any green to scrape off..just swap the bulbs..mine glow blue but i dont have a night shot..i did mine very first thing in the am when motor was cold and all gauges where reading 0..then you dont get confused where they where...if i remember right (i did this mod 6 years ago and my truck is parked for the winter) doesnt all gauges read 0 with the key off any way's??

·
cjsobas
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

the face just sticks on the original plate. that's why the green needs to come off they wil look good hopefully lol. and yeah with the truck off and cold the gauges should stay the same. but i heard if there not on then they roll back and out of place. idk if it true or not

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
oh ya..that's a little different then what I have..mine I toss the old face and put in the new one piece face...

·
cjsobas
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah. I looked around for one that looked factory just white around the gauges not the whole face. But I couldn't. Then I found this for only 15 bucks

·
cjsobas
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And are all the gauges reading
accurate when you removed the needles did it with the key off

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
the 9v battery, or engine dead cold with key on, are the best ways to do them.

if you remove them are rest(no power) the pin/motor can spin and they will not be correct when reinstalled

**and i use a regular kitchen fork to remove the needles**

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
bottom one is DP tuner F5 the top is a SP diesel TC lock up switch..it locks and unlock the TC at what ever speed i want.. .i dont use ether one of them any more

1 - 16 of 16 Posts