Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today went I came out of a resteraunt I remote started my truck. And I heard a slight whine. Definally sounded like the hpfp or something along those lines. Truck has 600 miles on it. I think I have heard it before. But deffinally don't want problems with this thing yet. Truck is perfect though. Just seeing if
Anyone else has heard this.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can turn ignition on hear it. Sounds like it's coming from around the frame rail filter and it'll whine for 15 20 seconds then go away

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just sounds like the pump is either pumping or purging. Sometimes it does it. Sometimes it doesn't. Maybe it's just filling the fuel rails? Should I take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. It seems to do it after you drive it and get it warm. Once you shut it off and turn it back on. Like it's refilling the bowl or something. I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow. Not playing with a 60k truck with 600 miles on it

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dealer said it is a wastegate vacuum line. From plastic to rubber

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They converter the lines from plastic to rubber. It's a tsb.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine whines as well! Did they "fix it" or just say it is normal? Mine at idle doesn't sound like a diesel, sounds more like a sewing machine.
Also, my turbo is not constant... during normal acceleration, I can hear the turbo surging and can see the boost needle going up and down... My '08 6.4 was very stable if I remember correctly. Anyone have a surging turbo?

·
Registered
907 Posts
one of our 6.7 trucks at work was whining like a bitch monday morning. sounded like a turbo bearing or something inside it. they tried to drive it anyway, but it wouldnt go over 40 mph. took to the dealer and its getting a new turbo put on. at 50,000 miles, on a 65,000$ truck, that seems pretty ####ty to me. at least its under warranty, this time. i wonder if ford will ever be able to repeat the success of the mighty 7.3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts