Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that this has been discussed several times on here. I am debating wether to go with a straight pipe or get an exhaust system. The truck has a predator programmer, air raid intake & that is it. I just turned 100,000 so let the games begin. I am planning an egr delete kit & possibly a few other mods. I use this truck everyday to pull equipment & plow snow in the winter. Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
654 Posts
First get a sct with custom tunes. 4 inch turbo back would be the best for you. Pulling this will help a little more then just straight pipe with the egts.

·
professional slacker
632 Posts
I am sure that this has been discussed several times on here. I am debating wether to go with a straight pipe or get an exhaust system. The truck has a predator programmer, air raid intake & that is it. I just turned 100,000 so let the games begin. I am planning an egr delete kit & possibly a few other mods. I use this truck everyday to pull equipment & plow snow in the winter. Any info is greatly appreciated.
I would get gauges now and just straight pipe it for now, you can get 4" pipe later and some kind of monitor needs to be in there when tuned.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I go the straight pipe route, is there anything I need to do when getting rid of the cat. I am just playing with different avenues to try out.

·
psn local
775 Posts
what are you going for more hp or reliability. sct touch screen w/custom tunes 4 inch turbo back exhaust, egr delete and head studs is a good way to go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am looking for both. I spoke with a guy in Northern Indiana that works on the 6.0's today. He quoted me $2800 to do an EGR delete & put the head studs in. This sounded like a good deal. I am looking for the HP for pulling the eauipment but also the reliability since the truck just went out of warranty.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I have mine straight piped with a complete 4" exhaust.
Can't stand it anymore....I'm getting the muffler put back in tomorrow.
Non-vgt turbo sounds great at an idle, but start to go over 2000 rpm, and it starts to bark like Chewbaca...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts