Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys its been a while since I've been on here... I'm experiencing some wastegate issues. It's been usually at first starting up the motor and having a hissing sound coming out of the exhaust. As of late I've been able to just touch the accelerator and it would fix it. However had a cold morning here in tampa this morning and it would close but then open again and took quite a while for it close up and stay closed this morning.
If I end up having to replace the WG actuator which one is best to get?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I believe the noise your hearing is your EGBV it helps warm up your engine by putting a load on the engine.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Its the Exhaust Back Pressure Valve or EBPV...

100% normal.

Your truck is cold, the PCM closes the valve to allow for faster warm up. Once the oil is up to proper temp the valve will open.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have some oil in the valley around that area. Is it recommended that I rebuild or replace it?? If so where can I get one?? Thanks!!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Its functioning normal. If the pedestal is leaking you can fix it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing that is alarming is that it's never done this before and it's not only on cold mornings it seems to be happening more and more. Don't want to beat a dead horse just want to be sure what is.

·
Registered
633 Posts
If it goes away when it warms up its 99.99% chance its the ebpv doing its job.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
LOL... Has it been cold before? Its normal...

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Diesel orings has a rebuild kit if it is leaking.
the ebpv valve can be wired as a form of exhuast brake.
on a stock type turbo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.