Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about getting a vb just wondering which one i should get?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Flip a coin. If you plan on doing a full build in the future, buy that builders VB. I have a JW and really like it. The BTS would be great as well. When I go with a built tranny Im going with BTS though.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Agreed decide who you would buy a tranny from for WHEN you WILL need it and that's your pick. They may give you a discount for having the VB already as well. If you are having trouble picking consider geographically location. Woods is in Calif and Brain is in North Mid Arkansas. To be fair, isn't Woods a sponsor here? I know he is not active on here but he is a paying sponsor, no? So, if you really are having a hard time deciding I would certainly add that into the equation. Isn't it great to know you can not possibly make a bad choice in this instance?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
BTW. I got full credit for the VB. My diode locked up and it was sitting in burnt fluid with debris circulating around for 100 miles. Brian even reminded me that I would get credit for it. I forgot since my mind was in 100 places at the time.

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,476 Posts
Seeing how you're in IA, BTS is closer - and if you decide to go later, you're a bit of the way there. If I lived in the western states I'g go with JW.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Don't know if either is but itp or dptuner sells woods and both sponsors, if your looking for anything else go through them same price but youlll save on shipping. If you want bts ask obswiz. Aka cary he should beable to do the same w a bts.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Btw obswiz is cary's user name one here if your sending a pm

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
pretty much just flip a coin. but mines going to bts no matter where i live just for the pure fact i have family close to bts's shop

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
JW here cause I went with a dp and the combo is working great.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
JW here cause I went with a dp and the combo is working great.
DP works with either. Mine is a DP/BTS combo and there is no issue. DP has worked with BTS on it.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I thought so, another reason is I'm closer to John's shop so when I need the trans I can drive it over to him and already have the vb.

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
Another thing to consider, if it makes any difference for yaa, If you have tunes, preferably DP Tunes, a J. Wood VB doesn't need reburning if you AREADY have a chip. I had my tunes then bought John's VB and it didn't need reburning, BTS does. So both VB's are great and when its time, even though I have a J.Wood VB, I'm closer to Brian's so thats where I'm going.

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
JW for me. Actually I have a full built tranny from John. Great guy to do business with.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Another thing to consider, if it makes any difference for yaa, If you have tunes, preferably DP Tunes, a J. Wood VB doesn't need reburning if you AREADY have a chip. I had my tunes then bought John's VB and it didn't need reburning, BTS does. So both VB's are great and when its time, even though I have a J.Wood VB, I'm closer to Brian's so thats where I'm going.
When I got mine, he set it up already for BTS and said any other adjustment wasn't necessary. Maybe he has already set it up either way?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts