Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Lubeowner has the towing set up from us.....and yes, it tows easy-even with stock injectors.
he has the dual with stock injectors. i am asuming he did the head studs as well. has he run his on the dyno? who would write the tune for that?

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
he has the dual with stock injectors. i am asuming he did the head studs as well. has he run his on the dyno? who would write the tune for that?
Stock injectors with no tunes, it made 30 PSI, and wouldn't hit 1100 degrees.

Stock injectors with WITH a race tune, and it made 35 PSI-we have custom SCT tunes written for them already.

HMAX modded injectors it makes 50 PSI, no smoke. No dyno yet until pulling season is over.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
so what is the big advantage of running a twin set up without a tune? once you get near 32 psi dont you need studs? why would the injectors cause you to gain that much more boost? sorry if these questions seem a bit ignorant, but i am still learning

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
you had better not.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
so what is the big advantage of running a twin set up without a tune? once you get near 32 psi dont you need studs? why would the injectors cause you to gain that much more boost? sorry if these questions seem a bit ignorant, but i am still learning
The more fuel you have the more exhaust flow and since the turbo are not at there max yet they will make more boost.

The stock vgt is very restrictive and creates alot of back pressure. By changing the turbos you relieve alot of this pressure and the motor becomes more efficient. The same reason you put on a larger exhaust.

Here is a link to my pictures of the cab removed:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2137232830065538812FtAPMf

Here is a link to a pull - had issues with the Tranny on this pull but watch how the trubos clean up the smoke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-owjOwRJLc

21 - 29 of 29 Posts