Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on at least a set of stage 2 sticks, I am in the process of a fuel system and I am not sure what turbo I should purchase. I have all the sd parts so I could go that route or should I do something else like an h2e or tn bb? I want a solid 400 hp(or more), reliable, low smoke, tow rig. Some thing I can tow with all day long and not have to worry about.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I hope to get a garret bb and a 1.15 housing before the Oct. shindig here in Texas. I have the ped., the babies butt, I will use my OBS exh. extension and DP.

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
Rocky or Alan would be the guys to talk to for picking a turbo at that level of injectors at altitude. I think a H2e or a TN BB would be good choices. My plans are to go the TN BB route once they come out as long as they continue to do well in the test rigs.

Tom

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tom, I have been waiting for the bb to come out ,now that it is almost here I am questioning my choice. For the price of the bb, it is not that much more to get an h2e, which you could get modded if need be. And I believe they are great towing turbos as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive got a D66,Great turbo,but I'm only runnin stage 1s. I think it may be a little small fer 2s w/ aggressive an tune.But then again I could be all wrong, as I aint had bigger sticks in it(yet).

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I like the BB spool. My buddy has a gt 42r and it just fricken rocks the house.

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
I am planning on at least a set of stage 2 sticks, I am in the process of a fuel system and I am not sure what turbo I should purchase. I have all the sd parts so I could go that route or should I do something else like an h2e or tn bb? I want a solid 400 hp(or more), reliable, low smoke, tow rig. Some thing I can tow with all day long and not have to worry about.

Check out this thread. There is an OBS guy with a D66 and stage III's with 434hp. Plus some commentary from Bean. D66 will save you about a $1000+. It is a drop in unit.

http://www.powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383

Keep Strokin'

·
Registered
64 Posts
D66, 38r h2e. I think stage 2's are a lil small to pull the 42r as efficiantly as it would like to be. Even with the smaller trims.

·
Sponsor
934 Posts
Rusty posted 434, if I recall, that was letting off the pedal when it hit 40 pounds off boost. Something like "I don't wanna lift the heads"

There's more there in his truck.

However, if you call Al Black, he will tell you that the absolutely best towing setup he had was a set of stage I's, BTS hpop, and the H2E.

·
Built By Me
401 Posts
What size of injector are you going to build? I had 2s with .010 nozzles in them and they put out alot of fuel, now i have hybrids with .008 nozzles and they put out more fuel alot less smoke in my stock program wich is nice to just drive around in not always clouding up traffic the hybrids would make that h2e run pretty good in my oppinion.

Robert

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
stock.
If you want more fuel I would go like 195cc but leave stock nozzles.
You get a high pressure oil system and you can empty them.

Smaller nozzles are better all the way around for a street truck in my opinion, but it's just my opinion.

Stock is right around .0065 so maybe if you had them extrude honed up to a .0070 that would clean them up and balance them without being huge.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I would not go with stock nozzles, maybe some EH .0075 or .008.

·
Colorado PowerStroke Club
1,207 Posts
However, if you call Al Black, he will tell you that the absolutely best towing setup he had was a set of stage I's, BTS hpop, and the H2E.
I can vouch for this. Alan dug that set up, just not quite enough there:rolleyes:, but it was the ultimate tow rig.

He had stock nozzles on his stage I Hypermax injectors.

He still has his H2e, just cannot seem to let it go......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts