Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am also looking for a tuner for my 08', Would like to know whats better spartan or h&s, elite etc..there are soo many brands of tuners out there...How do I know what to choose? What should I look for? Also prior to installing a tuner is it good to have an aftermarket exhaust, air intake to accomodate the power that the motor puts out or can I just install the tuner with stock exhaust and air intake...Thanks I"m brand to this forum...Love it soo far!!

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Welcome, your in the right place. I reccomend the spartan. If your gonna do it do it right. The moniter is awesome and the tunes are great. The h and s is shift on the fly but its still kind of new. I believe that the elite tuner is basically a spartan, but mabey the tunes are different. You should be fine on an air intake unless you run a high horsepower(250+) tune. Get rid of all that crap in the exhaust and get a good milage increase. Hope this helps. When you get ready to buy call Rudy's Performance, theyre the best at what they do.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
I would do the full kit. spartan intake exhaust. to me i think spartan is the best. im loyal and will always stick with them. u can do the tuner with ur stock truck but u wont really see and inprovements in mpgs. do the deleted exhaust turbo back intake IMO AFE stage 2 and the spartan tuner. u will love it as i do.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Spartan, KEM or Innovative. Like JYFarmer said, call Rudy's and you'll be heading in the right direction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot!!!...Rudy's will set me up with everything and answer any of my questions?...I can order through them? I live in massachusettes...I could prob have Mass Diesel Performance install it as well and answer anymore questions lol!..I just don't want to wreck the motor, I have heard some horror stories... Just trying to get as much info as possible before I go through with this so, I know exactly what I want..Thanks again!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh! By the way Blcksmk I NEED ONE OF THOSE DECALS....Powerstoke her haha...where can I pick one up?? Any good sites that have ford/powerstoke decals/bumpers stickers?

·
Registered
495 Posts
I just ordered a spartan from Sean (powerstroke67) yesterday and it should be here some time today. He's from CT so he's not too far from you.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nice talking to you yesterday, your Spartan and pipe should be delivered today! Thanks Sean

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok say I got with Spartan, do you just plug it in to the wire harnass under the steering wheel? What is all this I'm hearing about H&S shift on the fly tuner how does this differ from the spartan..Powerstroke67 do you have a wwebsite I could look at for pricing?

·
Registered
750 Posts
The Spartan, just like all tuners for this truck connect to the OBD2 port under the dash. The shift on the fly is nice, but I like the Spartan tuning much better. You can get all the prices at dpfdeletekits.com. And feel free to give us a call with any questions you may have.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Got the exhaust and tuner installed yesterday. Removing the DPF and CAT was probably the hardest part. Installing the tuner was super easy. Aside from a minor problem with the tuner ( I have a manual truck), I am very pleased with it overall. I started in the 210 tune for about an hour but wanted more so I changed it over to the 250 and am very impressed with the power.

To get back to the problem with the tuner, within 30 min, Sean had contacted Spartan, got the new files send to me and I had them in the truck. Really great customer service from both Sean and Spartan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts