Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market to get an sctx3. I found a good deal on one. It is a locked 3015 unit and I know I have to have it unlocked and setup for my truck. But is there anything I have to do. I keep hearing about what 'Strategy" my truck has. I also see that there is alot of vendors on here who should I go with and what tunes do I need. My truck is a stock truck with a 4" str8 pipe and a S&B air system. I tow 8k once a month. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

·
Along for the ride
185 Posts
Once it is unlocked, plug it into the truck to get your strategy. Then just send your strategy to the tuner you choose along with the other info the tuner wants and they will send out the tunes. Plug it into the truck to download the tune, prepare for perma-grin! Gearhead has great tunes, along with many others. I have the Gearhead "3" pack which is the SRL, 8K tow and unlimited tow.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a bullydog gt on it now. Will I still be able to use it just for my guage purpose?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can the company I chose to tune it also unlock it

·
matt
911 Posts
innovative diesel has very strong tunes and good service

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I believe it has to be sent to SCT to be unlocked, something like $150 to have it done too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a couple calls and emails into innovative. I see there is a bunch of good writeups on KEM tuning also

·
546 Posts
:whs: so depending on how much you are getting the locked one, you might be able to buy a new one. Or a used unlocked one then buy custom tunes that's what I did I had about $225 in mine.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sounds like you got a good deal on yours. I cant find an unlocked for less than 300.00

·
matt
911 Posts
:whs: go to the classifieds

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been in the classifieds and Im not seeing any for less than 300. If someone has one that is not locked let me know asap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts