Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am looking at buying an 08 or 09 F350. My question to all you experienced owners is just this,
Is it better to buy low mileage unit for $40k or one with 100k miles for $30something?
Is the remaining warranty worth the price premium?
Any insight yall can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Probably depends how long u plan to stay stock, and if u wanna do reversible or permanent mods I guess. I got my '08 with 10000km worth of warranty left. Never had any issues, and now the warrany is done. Helps if u can see the service history as well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Skobiak, I don't ever plan on anything radical. But maybe a DPF delete and tuner in the future, and some common bolt-ons, ie intake, exhaust, fuzzy dice and chrome testicles. :)
I' m just looking for a reliable, comfortable do-all truck.
I am also wondering what the common failure points are to the 6.4. The 6 litre weak areas are very well documented, but the 6.4 seems to be much less problematic. Is that true?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I just found the answer to my own question.
Since the '08 model year and subsequent, the PowerStroke warranty has only been 5 years and 60k miles. No longer 100k like my old beloved 7.3. Bummer.

So, is there any extended warranties that yall can recommend? If any at all?

Thanks for any and all input guys, it really helps.

Bill.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Warranty on the diesels powertrain is 60000; on the engine itself, it is 100,000 miles. There is also a DieselCare engine warranty available for 100-200k miles.

Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
if its something you plan on keeping for a while, id go with the low miles and delete everything. Because the higher milage unit has already gone through so many regens and stuff like that. just my 2 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts