Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BFG's are on their last leg so its about time for some new ones. I DON'T want BFG's again. I've been leaning towards Nitto Terra Grappler's or even Toyo Open Country but am not set on anything yet. My dad has Firestone Transforce AT's on his 97 1 ton and really likes them. they are firestone's replacement of the steel tex that were factory on a lot of the OBS trucks.

my question is what do you guys recommend? im just going to keep the same 33" size that i have now which is 285/75/16 and i just want a good AT tire that will last

·
Registered
597 Posts
Kumho good tire low price.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
I hate to derail, but why don't you want Bfg's again?

·
Registered
257 Posts
goodyear wrangler duratrac...heard ALOT of good things out of those

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
After looking at the diesel power challenge trucks, I think the Nittos are where it's at. Almost every truck is running them.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate to derail, but why don't you want Bfg's again?
actually i didn't buy them this time. they came on the truck. im just not a fan of them nor have i ever been.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's FTW!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've run the bfg all terrain tire for years, and although pretty aggressive looking, not a good snow tire.
I have the toyo open country now, and love them. Very quiet, great balance, and excellent snow traction.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10.
Looks like in the size you're looking for that they are "E" rated for 3800lbs.
I had them on my F:(150 and loved 'em. They did awesome in all weather conditions.

There are plenty of reviews out there for trucks closer to yours in size.

·
Registered
572 Posts
What do you need from a tire?
On road most of the time?
Do you want a mileage warranty?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What do you need from a tire?
On road most of the time?
Do you want a mileage warranty?
this pretty much sums it up:
My BFG's are on their last leg so its about time for some new ones. I DON'T want BFG's again. I've been leaning towards Nitto Terra Grappler's or even Toyo Open Country but am not set on anything yet. My dad has Firestone Transforce AT's on his 97 1 ton and really likes them. they are firestone's replacement of the steel tex that were factory on a lot of the OBS trucks.

my question is what do you guys recommend? im just going to keep the same 33" size that i have now which is 285/75/16 and i just want a good AT tire that will last
Yeah mostly on road probably 95% of the time.
and yeah, i would prefer a mileage warranty

so far i think im leaning toward the Nitto Terra Grappler AT's. They got decent reviews and i have a few friends with them who have recommended them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have run the firestones (the ones with 4 ribs not 5) and i loved them i have also run the terra grapplers and they are an awesome tire as well. my pops has run the open countrys on his dodge and he loves those as well. they are all great tires in my opinion its just what you want to spend and how they look on your truck.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
'03 F250SD
38 Posts
I have run the Firestone Destination A/T's on 3 different trucks since they came out. Best A/T all around I've found, And not expensive. I drive about 70% on road (usually REALLY BAD ROADS). But I can't say anything bad about any of the others recommended in previous posts either (except BFG).

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's FTW!
:whs: thats the tires im running on this truck right now. you can see it in my sig, very good tire! lasts long

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have run the Firestone Destination A/T's on 3 different trucks since they came out. Best A/T all around I've found, And not expensive. I drive about 70% on road (usually REALLY BAD ROADS). But I can't say anything bad about any of the others recommended in previous posts either (except BFG).
I put those on my old ranger a few years ago and i liked them and thought they were a good tire but i wore them out way too fast. they only lasted about 25k miles on that

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Toyo Open Country... ive had mine on there for 3yrs and never had a problem with them.. excellent snow traction also... thats all i run now on all my vehicles..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts