Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some wheels finally so now i'm getting tires. I'm pretty set on cooper STT or the dick cepek mud country. I had the Cepeks on my 1/2 ton chevy and loved them but ive never run the STT. any opinions on what to go with or other similar options would be great, especially if you have ran either and have some feedback as far as mileage expectancy and handling in the mud and snow. Thanks

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have run both the original STT's and the newer STT II's over the last 10 years on two different trucks. The newer ones have better traction on packed snow and wet pavement due to the added siping (or kurfs) in the tread lugs. I had no complaints. On the older ones, I ran 255/85R16's and 33-12.50R16.5 on the newer ones I ran the 325/80R16's and loved them. The only doen side to a wide Mud Terrain tire is you give up traction on Icy surfaces. I have never run Cepek's, so I have no opinion on those

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Have had awesome service out of my Dick Cepek Fun Country II's on second set now and will purchase again....I have em siped for added mileage!! Pending where you live and how big you get em perhaps not the best for winter (mine are 315 in 16") and on winter ice not so good....but for any other condition....awesome...run circles around BFG AT ware wise (least in my experience)...

jrc

·
Shortbus driver
223 Posts
I put 2 new skins on my truck before Christmas. I liked them soo much I bought 2 more :D

They are the Toyo Open Country MT in 315/75R16E. 3800# load rating. Better tread for the amount of pavement driving I do (coming from Michelin XL's).

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
My brother had the cooper STT on his 05 F350 crewcab and didn't even get 10k miles on them. Yes he is hard on tires but 10k? he has never got less than 15k on any other tire he has run

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
well i dont know what your brother does to tires but thats rediculose i have 8,000 on mine only rotated them once and have decent weight behind my truck 2 or 3 times a month and it still looks like there new imean i love the tires they look exactly like a toyo mt but have a diff side wall that i like and are cheaper. but i do like the tire alot, in the snow we had 2 feet about a month ago well i was pushin snow with my bumper. mud there pretty good you jus gota get them to clean out some times.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I had over 10,000 miles on mine when the truck was sold and they were still over 75% tread left. I'm not real hard on my tires though.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
well i dont know what your brother does to tires but thats rediculose i have 8,000 on mine only rotated them once and have decent weight behind my truck 2 or 3 times a month and it still looks like there new imean i love the tires they look exactly like a toyo mt but have a diff side wall that i like and are cheaper. but i do like the tire alot, in the snow we had 2 feet about a month ago well i was pushin snow with my bumper. mud there pretty good you jus gota get them to clean out some times.
My brother had quite a few miles of towing heavy(20k+) and alot of street handling

·
Registered
153 Posts
Why don't you look at some mastercract ct's? On my second set got close to 39,000 out of them,great traction to.
Not a bad looking tire either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts