Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Clarksville, TN. 1 mile from the Kentucky line. I want to join a pulling league/series for next year. But hard to find one where I dont have to drive 150 miles + for every pull.

Any Suggestions????

·
DIRT NASTY DIESEL!!
357 Posts
you could try BOB (battle of the bluegrass) pulling series, need more fords in it, tired of only seein dodges and chevys lol

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
:whs: They run a pretty good circle though. If you join make sure you come to the Jennings Co. Fair pull. Ill be there rooting you on and pulling myself as well :D

·
Ridin Dirty Motorsports
608 Posts
:whs: They run a pretty good circle though. If you join make sure you come to the Jennings Co. Fair pull. Ill be there rooting you on and pulling myself as well :D
You pull this year at the fair?!

·
Registered
444 Posts
i would love to try pulling once. any info on class, etc? Thankx....

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
i would love to try pulling once. any info on class, etc? Thankx....
You would probably do good in a Work Stock class. Or a Hot Street, but thats a competitive class. Its kind of trial and error unfortunately LOL

·
DIRT NASTY DIESEL!!
357 Posts
work stock is the lowest diesel class in BOB i think

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
bluegrasspulling.com is mainly who we run with.

We travel all over ky. What kind of mods do you have done to your truck. Workstock is the lowest level and is still pretty competitive.

2.6 is pretty much out of reach for a street truck

Travis

·
Ridin Dirty Motorsports
608 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I live in Clarksville, TN. 1 mile from the Kentucky line. I want to join a pulling league/series for next year. But hard to find one where I dont have to drive 150 miles + for every pull.

Any Suggestions????
I agree with everyone else. The Battle of the Bluegrass series would probably be best. Lots of hooks. And you're pretty much already in Kentucky, anyway.

Definitely run Work Stock though. I highly doubt you could run 2.6 anyway, as it's an 8,000-pound maximum limit. Work Stock you can weight up to 8,500.

A hot-tuned 6.4L might give some Chevy and Dodges a run for their money in Work Stock :ford:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Actually, it's been a while since I've seen anything other than Dirty Max's dominate Work Stock. So go get 'um if you can!

·
Ridin Dirty Motorsports
608 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
As far as I know its just turbo limited. Not sure on that though.
Unfortunately he's right :(

From BOB's WS rules:
"Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine model-specific pump only. The use of multiple high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps is prohibited."

You would think a 6.4 with stock chargers and injection pump, nozzles, tuning and a fuel system could make mid 600's and put up a fight in that class though.

I've never been to a BOB pull, but I hear it's pretty competitive.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts