Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2008 F350 and what to replace the batteries and I want to go with Optima but do not know what color top to pick for my 6.4 powerstroke ? let me know what color you went with and why ... Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part List

Not sure which option is right for your vehicle? Read about the product lines below to determine the best match, then click on part number to view images and product details.

RedTop: High-CCA starting battery. Provides engine cranking power for vehicles with stock or average electrical loads.

YellowTop: Dual-purpose starting and deep cycle battery. Provides engine starting power plus deep cycle capacity to support multiple accessories , demanding electrical systems , and vehicles without alternators.

4 Parts Found
Group # Description
34 (8002-002) RedTop®; Battery;
34/78 (8004-003) RedTop®; Battery;
D34 (8012-021) YellowTop®; Deep Cycle Battery;
D34/78 (8014-045) YellowTop®; Deep Cycle Battery;

so there are 4 search results for my truck ...

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have two 34/78 brand new red tops in my shop that don't even come close to fitting the battery box in my truck. The batteries are too small. Which ones are you guys using?

·
6.4 Stroker
147 Posts
Sears Die Hard Platinums, they have been EXCELLENT batteries so far! I know this is a thread about Optimas though.

·
Roamer
45 Posts
I second the diehard platinum. Had them in my last truck. Bad @as batteries

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ive had a yellow top in my bronco since 2006 and I have killed it many times and i have always been able to recharge it and bring it back to life. I still have it to this day

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
My vote as well
A large battery supply store in my city did not recommend Optimas to me when I went in to buy them. They had them in stock but they were having too many warranty returns to ever place any more future orders.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just as an FYI. Ford has a high output/heavy duty battery for our trucks.
I think it's 850cca compared to the 750cca that comes from the factory.

·
nobody likes a quitter
447 Posts
I have never heard anything good about Optimas in our trucks.

Go here! Tri State Battery Auto Elctrc - Newark, DE - (302) 292-2330 - Bing Local

I get ALL my batteries there. They are extremely knowledgeable and their prices can't be beat. They last as long or longer than the Motorcraft batteries and cost much less. They even have batteries for laptops or anything else you can think of.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
A large battery supply store in my city did not recommend Optimas to me when I went in to buy them. They had them in stock but they were having too many warranty returns to ever place any more future orders.

haha that's why I run motorcraft

·
Registered
646 Posts
Optimas FYI do not like the heat, the longest i have gotten out of one is 1.5 years, never killed them in that time either. If you kill them more than a couple times right to dead they get even worse, I run stock Ford Batt's in everything now, the last at least 4-5 years and they have a 8 year replacment warranty in Canada.

·
Administrator
32,965 Posts
I have never heard anything good about Optimas in our trucks.

:
they suck and so did the warranty IMHO
I had the yellows take a dump and the warranty wasn't for chit

they did finally improve the warranty however
but i see thread after thread about their quality going down hill

·
Diesel Sled Head
1,101 Posts
I had the red tops in my truck failed after 1.5 years. Kept telling myself can't be the batteries, they are OPTIMAS. Replaced with motorcraft and all good. The optimas are junk in my opinion.

·
Administrator
32,965 Posts
I have two 34/78 brand new red tops in my shop that don't even come close to fitting the battery box in my truck. The batteries are too small. Which ones are you guys using?
thats normal and why the come with adapters

1 - 20 of 69 Posts