Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats ya'lls opinion pros and cons of each one. Mind you on a 6.0l to wouldnt mind the extra power and better mileage, heard Water/Meth was not healthly for a 6.0l so lets hear it.

Propane
Nitrous
Water/Methanol

·
Torque Monger
134 Posts
My vote would be NO2. I just love giggle gas..... esp. in a whip cream bottle.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Propane in moderation for better MPG is fine
Water/meth for EGT reduction if you tow a lot....better yet just straight water. No more than 20% meth unless you just don't care what happens to your pistons.
Nitrous if you just wanna haul ass.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I love my Water/meth... would not change it for anything... 80k of spraying 40% and no issues... But this is on a 7.3... What is the differance from a 6.0 to a 7.3 when it comes to water? or drugs in any form? Other then the HG...

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
"Safest" is subjective it's not even funny.

Depends on your goals and what you want to accomplish.

I would do water/meth for a nice boost in power and cooling egt's mainly while towing, as Rich said.

Propane I would use under no circumstances, that stuff belongs in a grill not in your truck.

NOS, like Rich said.... when you wanna haul

·
Registered
36 Posts
water/meth would be fine if you have head studs,but nos gets my vote for all out power,the only thing better would be a bigger charger:D

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts
nitrous and you will go fast!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Meth pull hard too, and its cheaper to fill!!! You felt the power Mike... LOL

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats up Rave about time you came in here :hehe: I know you saw my post in myspace right ?

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
you would say that gene...mr 50 gallon propane tank in the bed.... i'd say a light mixture of water/meth is the safest..i saw a guy's kit the otherday and it was REALLY nice and provided a bit of hp and a lot of cooling!

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
If it's drugs on a 6.0L you want to run, better stud and fire ring your baby to ensure no problems when hittin' the button.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Me too. :hehe:...maybe 7

·
Registered
27 Posts
Say I'm running about 1250 to 1300% going up a 7% grade with my 5er, how much cooler would a water/meth set up cool my egt's. Also how long can you run continuously?? Seconds,minutes,until you run out???

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
It would depend on the size/pressure of your water system...and you can run it continuously till the tank runs dry.
A lot of guys that use water for towing EGT's have a large tank in the bed instead of the small tank that comes with the kits.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Definately don't want some big ol Tank in the back of my truck, but I guess in a sence where else would you put it. It just doesn't look as cool as a nice 15 pound N20 bottle back there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts