Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a 2001 powerstroke 7.3 and am going to switch to a 5w40 synthetic. Would I be ok using the rotella t6 which is readily available in my area or would I be better off with the valvoline which I can order locally? I dont think it is ever going to warm up in the northern states and tired of the rump, rump cold starts and people have said the synthetic will help with this, thanks

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
T6............................

·
International Coal Roller
383 Posts
Valvoline Extreme Blue gets my vote

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Hey everyone I have a 2001 powerstroke 7.3 and am going to switch to a 5w40 synthetic. Would I be ok using the rotella t6 which is readily available in my area or would I be better off with the valvoline which I can order locally? I dont think it is ever going to warm up in the northern states and tired of the rump, rump cold starts and people have said the synthetic will help with this, thanks
I would just go with T6 since it is easier to come by....

·
TURBO LIT 'N' THAT WAS IT
542 Posts
im using t6, no problems

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use t6 because it easy to get also, I would like to run the delo 5-40 but I cant find it at any walmart or parts store around here.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Synthetic Delo gets my vote. I still run 15w-40 because when you look at any big rig, all come factory filled with standard delo 400le 15w-40, so it must work well.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
T6 and look for sales you don't want to pay full price
Autozone in AZ has by 3 get 20 bucks back

·
383 Posts
The international dealer did recommend delo, its just to come by in some places, whereas valvo is in every napa

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
I am all about easy to get so if Delo was on the shelf and not t6 i would try it or Valvo or any name brand Myself

·
383 Posts
I just moved back to the south and I was wondering about the delo syn myself since its at every walmart it seems for 20 a gallon

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts