Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize the power is unreal in the newer diesels, but does the 6.4 end up with better mpg than the 7.3? I see that people get massive increases with mods. I currently get 19 mpg on the highway at 70 mph with the truck in my sig.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Losing the DPF and blocking the EGR has to help the 6.4. If that gets the 6.4 to where the 7.3 is...I don't know.

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Ive heard of a stock 2wd 7.3 gettin 25 mpg on the highway doin 55 all the way. Ive never really heard anything about the 6.4s getting mileage in the high teens/low twenties.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I realize the power is unreal in the newer diesels, but does the 6.4 end up with better mpg than the 7.3? I see that people get massive increases with mods. I currently get 19 mpg on the highway at 70 mph with the truck in my sig.
I would say with the correct driving and 1200 bucks 21+ is easily achievable with a 6.4. I get around 19 stock with my truck.

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
My dads trucking company got rid of ALL the diesel shop trucks that had 6.4's in em cuz the 8-10 mpg wasnt in line with what his boss was used to with the 7.3's they had before. They were very displeased with em and had tons of problems. Of course I know two people that had 08 dodges that had under 20k miles and were bought back under the 'lemon law'. The one case was extreme and the truck was in the shop for a total of 186 days out of the 400 some he owned it. The 'afterburner' as Dodge was calling it kept going out and the the truck would only run on 4cyl. Sorry Im off topic here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.