Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
West Bound and Down
1,115 Posts
I think I would love the truck with the painted bezel around the grill, and a painted bumper. With only the center of the grill chrome. IN FACT,,, that may be one of my first "Mods" Buy a steel bumper, have it painted and the grill. (Then I could rotate for change in looks chrome bumper, painted bumper,,, :D
Do it!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Id try leaving the very outside edge chrome and painting the top and edges.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Id try leaving the very outside edge chrome and painting the top and edges.
Huh?? I can't picture what you mean. Do you mean only paint PART of the surround piece?
I don't think that would look great. Besides, Not sure how good the chrome would paint. They are getting the primer ones from the dealer. Which would be used on the KR versions.

I like the outer painted, BUT after seeing those Fusion pictures, I like the center painted too now! LOL
Damn guys, quit posting pictures like that,, I am going to be spending money.........
I had my early 99 "Whited out" and liked it allot that way.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Paint the surround and on the two center bars leave the very outside flat part chrome but paint the rest. The top and bottom edges of them. Hmm kinda hard to explain. I'll do a photo shop when I get a chance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The painted grill looks 100% better. One reason is that the painted grill de-emphasizes the huge grill by using color to imply a different ratio of positive to negative space. It also breaks up the confluence of the grill with the huge headlight modules. That new front end is really a hideous design. They should have kept the very much cleaner grill design from the pre-2006 model years. Fortunately the truck is so awesome I can live with the new grille design, but someday will definitely do something about that whether paint or an after-market bumper or something. It would be awesome if a front end from a 2006 or earlier truck could be transplanted onto the truck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks guys, this is my first white truck. I always have had red or black, but decided to try white. I am still getting use to it. I just ordered some fx4 stickers, The 4 x 4 looks a little out of place. After I install my white vent visors and a pen stripe, I will post more pics.

·
Banned
844 Posts
I have one.. ;)
Lucky bastard...cant wait til i graduate with a masters in architecture and making big money so i can have a truck like yours Adam!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts