Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel filter light started coming on tonight but my fuel filter shouldn't be due to be changed so maybe I need a better brand. What do y'all have luck with?

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
All that I have ever ran was the Motorcraft FD-4595 which is made by Racor or the Racor equivalent with no problems.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Another Racor/Motorcraft user here. Cheers!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Napa Gold's (repackaged Wix) here no issues and I run hot shot with my truck.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so purolator is my only option since the filter is attached to the lid. Also how do you drain the fuel bowl on our obs's?

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
There are a dozen different places to pick up a factory style lid. NAPA, and AutoZone are just a couple. If you want to get it on line RiffRaft and Diesel O rings have them.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well next time I may get a different lid. And I figured the drain out but it made a mess. I opened it a tiny bit to see where it would come out at and it just spilled all onto the top of the block

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
That's why you add a piece of hose to the outlet to take it somewhere that you can put a drain pan or jar at the end. Live and learn, right?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya haha. How would I get a tube onto the outlet? From what I saw it looked like it would be pretty impossible to get back there

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
From the factory there is a tube that runs about halfway down the front of the motor. That tubeis connected to the bowl by a short section of hose from the drain valve assembly towards the front of the motor. It sounds like you may be missing that short section of hose. Cheers!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And I would have to remove the fuel bowl to replace it?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eh I'll worry about it when I have to change the fuel filter again. It's too cold now to go lean under a hood

1 - 15 of 15 Posts