Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know much about a 6.4 so if i ask a stupid question bear w me. which exhaust sounds the best on a 6.4? i want to go turbo back, do i need to get a dpf delete pipe ? and if i delete the dpf do i need to get a programmer? im aksing this for a guy because he wants to get better mileage and not deleting the dpf an exhaust wont do anything correct? i might have to put a exhuast on for him thank you very much and if i missed anything let me know thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for some reasons i cant edit my post but, from what a read the turbo back gets rid of everything. :doh: what exhausts are you guys running? does he need to get a programmer also so the ses light wont come on for no dpf?

·
Registered
400 Posts
You need a programmer for the 6.4 if you delete the dpf or else the truck will stay in reign. Ill help you out with a bump.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
straight pipes sound pretty much all the same 4" has more of the air rush noise and the 5" sounds deeper and throatier.
i made a thread of straight pipe with diamond eye muffler, ill try to find it for you.
like the OP said you will need a programmer that way it functions like it should. check out this thread and it should answer any questions you have about tuners
Official 6.4 tuner thread, read first post!!! - Powerstroke Nation
the vendors on here are really good at answering any questions you may have.
good luck

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
start up and rev
cruising in cab
WOT in cab
WOT outside pass
partial throttle outside

this is all with stock downpipe and 4"piping with banks intake and a 4" diamond eye muffler.
tuner is spartan tuner with 210 tow power tune.
hopw this helps

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
it is REAL quiet! maybe going with another muffler and larger piping might help and making it throatier but im just fine with a 4".

·
CompD Mod
698 Posts
So is that with the dpf and doc gone but with a muffler? That sounds great IMO. I'm tired of my loud ass 6.0.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts