Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a dual steering stabilizer kit for my 2003 F250 running 285/65/20. I am looking between the Skyjacker kit and the Top Gun Custom kit w/ Bilsteins. I just want to make sure the extra money is justifiable between the two kits. My stock one is bent, so I know anything will be better. Thanks

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
The Top Gun Customz kit is a pretty quality kit. I'd personally go with that between your 2 options. I'm running the ProComp set up with Fox stabilizers at the moment. No complaints here.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do I need to go dual, does it make that big of a difference? Or would just a single Bilstein be sufficient?

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
I think youd be fine with a single with that size tire. 35's or larger I recommend the duels.

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
Like I said 35's or larger. LOL you'll be just fine with a single. Alot of people go with a dual for the look.

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
I see nothing wrong with a single Bilstein for your application.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
And is it not a good idea to use just a single gas charged Bilstein?
You don't want to run a single Gas charged as a stabilizer it would alway push one way singles are just a dampener
and are valved the same for compression and extension unlike a regular suspension shock

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
I gave him benefit of the doubt that he would be getting a stabilizer shock.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just ended up getting a single Skyjacker stabilizer. Thanks for the help, now I got some extra money to do other things I need to it.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
I gave him benefit of the doubt that he would be getting a stabilizer shock.
But He specifically asked about the Gas charged that I had posted about
So I had to clear that up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts