Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who would you folks suggest for a 3" downpipe for a 97 F250 with a 5 spd?

i've heard some other folks having some issues installing the DP with a manual trans.

thanks.

bj

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Mbrp.

Or find a junked superduty..it's been forever since I've been around a stock exhausted superduty but I swear it's a 3" dp.

Hell I bet I can pull mine out of the shop if I look hard enough, I'll sell ya it

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
I orderd mine from Diamond Eye. i have a 5 speed and didnt have any issues...

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I think the Banks downpipe is the nicest myself and the diamond eye is good as well. Give these guys a call. Complete Performance

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Diamond Eye is a good DP for the $$$. If your interested we can get you a price quote worked up.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I would agree with the Banks. Nice piece for sure and zero fitment issues.

It's pricey though....obviously.

I put in a run-of-the-mill MBRP one and fought it for quite some time before it would fit. It hit the up-pipe, it hit the transmission bellhousing, it hit the bottom of the floorboard.

It ended up looking like the stocker by the time I was done making it fit.

Well, it wasn't that bad.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
All will require work to install..you have to make room. I'd get a 3-3.5" DP then continue from there with 4". Let us know if we can help.

Cary

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Oh yeah, each installation was a bit of work, but I've never had to put a dent in the downpipe to clear the passenger side up-pipe or bellhousing before in addition to smashing in the firewall a bit.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the help. my dad used a banks and only had to dimple the firewall. seemed to clear the pinch weld pretty nice too.

still...will have to check on pricing.

OBSWIZ,

how much of a pain in the a$$ is the 3.5 to install?

bj

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
I would agree with the Banks. Nice piece for sure and zero fitment issues.

It's pricey though....obviously.

I put in a run-of-the-mill MBRP one and fought it for quite some time before it would fit. It hit the up-pipe, it hit the transmission bellhousing, it hit the bottom of the floorboard.

It ended up looking like the stocker by the time I was done making it fit.

Well, it wasn't that bad.
:whs:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
thanks for the help. my dad used a banks and only had to dimple the firewall. seemed to clear the pinch weld pretty nice too.

still...will have to check on pricing.

OBSWIZ,

how much of a pain in the a$$ is the 3.5 to install?

bj
No more than a 3"..it transitions past the firewall and comes as a 2pc unit.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
DP-Tuner sells them you will have to call though they are not on the website. I have one here right now that came through them. Complete Performance might have them available too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool. thanks for the info guys.

bj

·
Banned
924 Posts
i installed the diamond eye 2 peice, took about ten minutes to slide and bolt in, NO fitment issues and if i remember right it was about 150 bucks

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeehaw...

you have a body lift?

bj

1 - 19 of 19 Posts