Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some input on which clutch i should put on. i use my truck to tow on our farm a few times a week i also use as a DD. so should i be looking at a single disc or a DD clutch. i need to be able to back wagons and such into sheds so i need to feather the cluch every now and then. my future upgrades may include sticks sometime this summer. looking for some options out there and what some other people with similar mods are running for clutches. TIA

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would stick with a single disk. Alot guys told me that a DD will work fine for daily driving but you cant shift as fast and really no need unless you want to really pull heavy.

Just my .02 and sure other guys will put there info up shortly.

·
HRT Performance
4,565 Posts
I used a dual disk when my truck was a driver and used to tow and move wagons around the farm. You can run a lighter cover plate for the power level so its less grabby and can be feathered. But its more money.

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
I don't mind my DxD on my farm.

·
De-pmr'd
173 Posts
I just got done replacing mine saturday. I burnt up the southbend with the hybrids. Got a single disk from valair to handle it. So much smoother, and holding up great, and much closer to stock as far as shifting and slipping it some backing trailers up than that SB could have hoped to be. Just my .02 of experience with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.