Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 ford f-550 6spd 2wd. has stage 1 injectors and 6pos chip. Put a factory ford clutch in it and did not last long, what clutch would you recommend.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
southbend

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I too would call Peter at Southbend Clutch.

·
Registered
268 Posts
southbend or valair call and tell them your mods

·
Registered
59 Posts
My southbend is pretty nice except for the fact that I got a little carried away with the motor just after I put it in. Now in my hotter tunes with a load on the back it will let go pretty quick. I guess I should have just sacked up and gone with a twin disk right off the bat.

On a side note, when my truck was still mostly stock I put their clutch in that fit the stock flywheel. It failed after 30k and when I called them about it, they replaced it free of charge. Failures are annoying, but they happen and it sure is nice dealing with a business that stands behind their products like that.

·
7.3 fan
271 Posts
I have been more than pleased with the luk I installed more than 150xxx ago and use the truck to pull a 37' 5er plus farm equip. They claim it has a higher clamp load (good to 450 HP) with a lighter let off (pedal pressure) which I can agree with it has probably given my left Knee a few extra years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts