Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welds have been crap for years since they sold the company..many reports of cracks, so make sure they are the orginals. I have ran many cast wheels without problems most are rated as high as Forged..Procomps are good rims..

Production on Weld's stopped when they sold the company to American Racing, and AR never continued with them. Where are you getting your info on the crap wheels? :confused:

Weld, however, did get bought back from AR recently. I called and talked to the guy that bought it back and he told me they are only going to produce race wheels, no truck/passenger car wheels. They did buy all the center caps back from AR, so if you're needing some for an old set of wheels better hurry. I just got my back up set last week. $100 shipped to my door w/screws.:D

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know u said u were looking for aftermarket because your facctory wheels were starting to look bad. What about refinishing them? If you use aircraft stripper, you can remove the clearcoat & polish them to your liking as often as you want when they start to look ratty. I run mine year round & hand polish them twice a year. Could save you some coin if ur willing to put in a little elbow grease. I've done a few sets with great results. The ones below looked like the sides of the rims when I got 'em.

Attachments

·
got fuel?
2,581 Posts
Yup :) You will have to buy the largest centercaps offered for the rear ones also, they huge.

·
Registered
775 Posts
here's my obs. they are not "aftermarket wheels". they are hummer H2 wheels. they werent direct bolt on either. the centers for the hubs had to be opened up to fit

·
<==Twin Turbo
757 Posts
Not to go off topic but if anyone wants to sell their factory rims let me know, i dont want these steel ones anymore

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
here's my obs. they are not "aftermarket wheels". they are hummer H2 wheels. they werent direct bolt on either. the centers for the hubs had to be opened up to fit

Love the H2 wheels. Was thinking about running them, but wanted to run hub caps with them. Seen them on some dodges and they look great....

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Those turned out awesome! Love the truck too!

I know u said u were looking for aftermarket because your facctory wheels were starting to look bad. What about refinishing them? If you use aircraft stripper, you can remove the clearcoat & polish them to your liking as often as you want when they start to look ratty. I run mine year round & hand polish them twice a year. Could save you some coin if ur willing to put in a little elbow grease. I've done a few sets with great results. The ones below looked like the sides of the rims when I got 'em.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
chrome fan here. If its more work, its worth it. Not a fan of machined or polished. My wheels are shinier dirty than polished wheels......

No complaints so far about my KMC's, we'll see how winter and the crap they put on the road treats em....

·
Registered
775 Posts
Love the H2 wheels. Was thinking about running them, but wanted to run hub caps with them. Seen them on some dodges and they look great....
thanks. now that i have my wheel spacers on i think i could fit a dodge center on them.. but im not gonna run GM wheels and dodge centers on my ford!! ha.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
This is a 12year-old thread. The member hasn't been on since 2016. Cheers!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts