Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor factory Alcoa's are starting to look less than perfect, so I am thinking of keeping them for winter and get a new set of wheels for summer. Thinking of 17 or 18" with 33" tires. Anybody have any suggestions of what wheels look good on OBS trucks. I have always liked the Jesse James outlaw lawless, but think they might be too busy for an OBS truck.

Would love to see pics if you guy want to post some!

Thanks
Bob

·
Banned
333 Posts
Mr. Bob... welcome to the obs! met you a few years ago at a dp live tune i believe. those jesse james wheels are discontinued iirc, But 18s look killer on an obs with 35s. Some thing polished, not a big chrome fan and I sell wheels and tires daily. If you make it down to the seattle area ever let me know ill show ya some stuff. Hard to find it all on the home computer.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Banned
333 Posts
mht makes some nice wheels, kmc makes some nice ones still that not everyone has yet, i know a few memebers dont like bmf's but they are a nice wheel that i have yet to see on an obs, and something with a little bit of lip to it looks good on the obs. really comes down to what you like and want to do with the truck, no sense having blinging chrome 22's if you just going to be going up and down logging roads and towing. shoot me a pm if you would like, i work for les schwab btw just south of seattle.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mr. Bob... welcome to the obs! met you a few years ago at a dp live tune i believe. those jesse james wheels are discontinued iirc, But 18s look killer on an obs with 35s. Some thing polished, not a big chrome fan and I sell wheels and tires daily. If you make it down to the seattle area ever let me know ill show ya some stuff. Hard to find it all on the home computer.
Sucks, I was in seattle this past weekend...

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can't go wrong with the Mickey Thompson Classic II's, thats what I have and I get a ton of complements about them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wheels are 18x9 procomp 1069s and tires are 325/65/18

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
My poor factory Alcoa's are starting to look less than perfect, so I am thinking of keeping them for winter and get a new set of wheels for summer. Thinking of 17 or 18" with 33" tires. Anybody have any suggestions of what wheels look good on OBS trucks. I have always liked the Jesse James outlaw lawless, but think they might be too busy for an OBS truck.

Thanks
Bob
Hey go to general aftermarket under obs and there is a sticky message with like 12 pages of rims!:poke:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd say go with the welds. Especially for that price!

Forged rims are the only way to go, and welds are forged.

Cast rims are just heavier and not as strong.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I like the m/t classic 2's.

18's with 33's or a 35" tire

·
STILL LEARNING
18,339 Posts

Thanks
Bob
How about you look here....Official 94-97 Aftermarket Wheel Thread - Powerstroke Nation :doh:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Welds have been crap for years since they sold the company..many reports of cracks, so make sure they are the orginals. I have ran many cast wheels without problems most are rated as high as Forged..Procomps are good rims..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts