Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to buy and adjustable track bar in a few days and need to know which one is the best? ive looked at icon, PMF, Top Gun and a few others. i like the icon but not the price tag. if thats what i need to go with then so be it but if there is something out there just as good and cheaper then ill get that. but in the icon do i need the one with bushings up top or the heim joint? thanks for the info!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
963 Posts
zone offroad has one on ebay for 100 bucks plus 15 bucks to ship

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Either one will work. The one with the helm joint is there new one which if u ever get the death wobble,this cures it. I was going to buy the same one but can't see spending 3?? To bring my axel back .5 "

·
loud and long
567 Posts
zone offroad has one on ebay for 100 bucks plus 15 bucks to ship
That one is for 99-04. Not the coil spring front end

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no i dont have the death wobble. i did but didnt have the spacers in my drop track bar bracket so i put those in and i was good but still have horrible bump steer. i think when i had it, it tore the bushing all up along with the ball joint so i was going to get one of these and a new ball joint on the axle and hope that fixes it since thats about the only thing left to replace up front

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and yea i dont wanna pay 300 either

·
loud and long
567 Posts
I've never had death wobble in my truck,thank god but drove my buddy's truck that did.....bad. It was on a dodge. That #### scared the crap out of me!!! Hahaha

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea it was my fault not the trucks. i installed the drop track bar bracket with my lift but didnt put in the spacers with it to hold it still. anyways i might just replace the bushing and the ball joint and see what that does. much cheaper and if it works then im happy

·
loud and long
567 Posts
Yes these bars r rediculously price. I might make my own

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought about that but i dont trust my welding skills that far

·
loud and long
567 Posts
I had a icon it was ok... but i love my pmf bar steers like a totally different truck.
Do u got a link to where u got urs??? P.s. love the stance of ur truck. Reminds me of mine without a lift. They look like they've been on the roods!! Lol

·
loud and long
567 Posts
There price is a little out of hand!! Haha

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea they are proud of theirs for sure. ill let yall know how the bushing and new ball joint work out. the ball joint was only 47 bucks and the bushing was 10 so i couldnt complain there. much cheaper than a 300+ bar

·
loud and long
567 Posts
I wanted one to center my avow again but for 300-500 bucks ill live with it being off a 1/2" haha

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Yea the bar was pricey but it was worth it to me. And my truck had some DW on the bigger potholes and this got rid of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts