Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
PETE ENGR PSD
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fixin to buy an in-bed toolbox (not sure if that is the correct terminology). The low profile ones that do not sit on the bed rails, but instead sit in the bed. Also what are yall paying for these?
Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I have a Kobalt in bed box, picked it up for $200ish from Lowe's.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And these seem to be performing to yall's standards? Pretty satisfied with em?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I'm happy with my purchase. It pretty thin diamond plate but it does the job.

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
i used to have a weather guard and the only reason i took it off was because it sat up on my bed rails, i have also been looking for a low profile style box that sits in the bed

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Weatergaurd is the best IMO but they are pricey! Go online and look for a used 1, last 1 I bought was like new and 1/8 the $.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Weatherguard seems to be the absolute top of the line, and Job Box seems to make some pretty good ones. I would imagine for one that sits on the floor of the truck though it wouldnt have to be as sturdy as one that hangs from the rails. Biggest difference in brands will generally be in the latches and how strong the cover is.

I've only ever owned crossover boxes but I think if I were to get another box I would either go with a dirt cheap one and just deal with the latches and flexible cover, or spring the money for a weatherguard one that will outlast at least 2 trucks.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I run my front tires up against it every time I load my 4 wheeler. It has been holding up good for about 2 years so far. Id purchase another one.

·
JDG's #1 Fan
3,470 Posts
I say it depends on what you want to use it for. If its just a place to throw stuff occasionally get a TSC box. If it is going to actually be used to hold good tools that you always keep in there, spring for the weatherguard, wish i would have. Every tool in my TSC box has rusted and gotten nasty, thing leaks, gets snow in it somehow, and it was supposed to be the "Better" or Best option they had.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll be keeping all of my tools in there. Mostly hand tools such as Klein and Craftsman stuff, but also some Dewalt power tools too. My college house isnt really big enough to hold all of em, and I live on the third floor so anytime I work on my truck its a pain in the ass to truck it up 3 stories. Also chains, tow straps, possibly my winch, you know the usual stuff.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
I switched to this style probably 8 months ago and love mine. You will actually gain storage space from a traditional style toolbox. I think the truck looks alot cleaner without the box sticking up too. I have twice as much room now as i did before.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Only problem with an in bed box as opposed to a cross bed box. Is when you need to put a sheet of plywood in the truck, it won't fit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts