Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have installed the gauge head in my pillar pod, and run the tubing thru the firewall (rubber grommet, no chafing)...i have gotten multiple answers about which plug to remove on the engine block, and one on the filter housing itself...??? Which location is best for a (low) pressure oil gauge tap?This won't be used for hpop pressure..just engine oil press...Any pics would be great also...PSN has been fantastic with all the mods iv'e made to my truck, so i trust the answers i get from you guys...rsbhunter

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
:whs:
if he meant "wouldn't" lol (I'm sure he did) go with an electrical gauge

i had them in both ports..reading where the same...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, i know that it could be very bad ju-ju...but i am old school, back in the 69-454 chevells, 70 440 6 pack cuda days....knock on wood, never had a leaker, not that it can't happen...This is not a primary vehicle, use it for hunting, etc...That might make it more of a risk....but i'll keep the original plug and a wrench in the glove box just in case....

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
understandable.. i like mine on the lip of the bell housing...seemed to be more out of the way when working under there...keeps the wires higher and out of the way more...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RPS...thanks for the suggestion...just so i don't screw it up....there are 2 plugs in the block above and to the rear of the filter housing..one is totally vertical, and one is on an angled part of the block.. and just looked again...there are 2 in the block that use allen wrench to remove, and one (i think it is the right one) that is about a 1/4" square head plug that sticks out from about 1/2" away from the bell housing/ engine block junction...Thanks again for all the help...i used to be alot less nervous about doing this [email protected]%t...rsbhunter

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, found the right one...it is the square head plug...i appreciate all the help...rsbhunter

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Does anyone know who sells a quality tubing kit for mechanical gauges as Im looking for a good kit for my boost and oil pressure gauges.? I saw a sponsor that had a black tubing kit (cant remember who) and looked alot better then the cheapo clear and the copper ive had break before from vibration.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Errr.... Electric gauge...

Why would anyone run a mechanical gauge these days?

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
I just simply dont like sending units as its just one more part to malfunction. When a manual gauge goes to zero or low pressure its either theres no pressure or the gauge took a crap. Simply hook up another new gauge (2 min) and if still at zero or low pressure you know theres mechanical problems and no sending unit to mess with next. Ive always ran mechanical and never had a leak but I also always ran them on braided stainless lines but just dont feel like making one up but thats prob the best option.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I've got almost 200k on electrical sensors... The only one to fail has been the fuel pressure, we have now switched to a different supplier for those and its been a non issue. NEVER had an oil pressure failure.

Isspro EV-2 if there is a sensor or line issue the gauge goes to MAX... Warning light comes on... Pretty obvious. LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.