Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
throttle jockey
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the last 3 days my truck has decided, completely randomly to not crank period. yesterday, swapped the clutch position sensor and swapped relays. She started, shut er down swapped relays back (origonal relay) and fired right back up. I'm completely lost as to why and whats wrong. Where should I start checking?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
idk?? had anymore no start problems? maybe drive it till it does it again or get some new relays...

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
a good cleaning to the relay socket maybe?? it is that time of year...

·
throttle jockey
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
idk?? had anymore no start problems? maybe drive it till it does it again or get some new relays...
its done it twice today, swap the relays around with the key off, let it sit for a minute and she'll fire right up. relay socket is clean

·
throttle jockey
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, now i'm gettin irritated with this truck...if it won't start and i pump the clutch a few times then back off a little she'll fire right up. I'm lost

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
the only other thing i could think of is a bad reley or bad connection.....sometimes it works..some times it dont...i have a LED light on my glow plugs..when ever the relay is truned on..the LED will light...i have a stansor relay going to hell right now...some times she comes on..some times she dont...some times i need to hit the key 2 or 3 times before i finaly get out and cross the relay with a screw driver only to jump back in the cab to see the relay is now on...

·
throttle jockey
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i'm still learning the ins and outs of these motors, would a faulty gp/gpr cause the truck to not even crank? what is a stansor relay?

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
no...i used the GP relay for an example..in my truck..i have the same relay as the GP on my starter..its located on the pasanger side fender well...not sure if you have the same starter relay..they changed it some where down the road...your relay may be built in down on the starter..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts