Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'97 ext cab long bed 4x4 107k miles - stock

Goals for the truck are to make it a good driver with good mileage. Some more performance isn't a bad thing. The truck doesn't tow and isn't 4 wheeled.

I was thinking to start with; 6.0 trans cooler and Mag-hytec pan & a bypass filter system. The body needs a very good detail so at the very least I am going to have it rubbed out if not wet sanded.

The tires still have plenty of tread but they are cheap sucky tires so maybe a set of BFG A/Ts.

So that is $1500 spent, where should the other $1500 to $2500 be spent?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Start with intake exhaust and chip thats usaully makes a hell of a daily driver

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
Shoot me over a PM and we can work you up a package deal on the essential stuff you will need.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
start with Down pipe .lose the cat. tylmar style intake
from there
injectors and a matched chip form swamps is a great upgrade.and D-66 turbo is a good thing to have to top it off.at this point gauges would be a good thing to have ( boost trans temp,and EGT), you may be at about your budget by this point

Mag pan gains you nothing ( since you are doing a bigger cooler anyway)so spend that $ on better things.if you tow a intercooler mine runs great and tows like the trailer is not even there with my mods !

·
Registered
13 Posts
okay, dont bs your money away. daily driver equals diesel mileage. get a chip, run a glasspack or just a small performance muffler.what you prefer. then rip a cold air intake..throw a couple dollars away and get you a couple of nice looking things. be creative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts