Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a trans temp & EGT gauge installed on my truck on tuesday. I jus was wondering where i should tell the guy to drill the hole for it. alot of people say on the manifold toward the back cuz its the hottest point. and sum i hear say on the down pipe close to the turbo. any idea which one wood be better?

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
manifold

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Depends on what you wanna do with it

All of the tuners will allow you to watch the EGT's in the manifold, so if you are planning on running a tuner you really dont need two of them in the manifold, i have debated taking the old pyro from my 7.3 and putting it in the down pipe so i could monitor pre and post turbo temps. just a thought

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the live wire is lagy and i dont like a digital display, I was thinking the manifold what temp wood you say is like the line in the sand not to go past. like 1200-1300 degrees

·
Registered
59 Posts
I personaly would install one in the drivers side manifold. Yes the passenger one already has one that is watched by the ecm and any tunner you install. But the passanger side is also the side that runs egr witch is also acts as your waste gate. If deleted and waste gate like elietes installed you can see only the side that also gets relieve. You might want to watch the other side depending on what your going to do with the truck.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
1350 is ok for a little while, no more than 1200 for a long period of time (over 5 min) with big tunes you will see 1500, 1600,1700 or so, thats ok for a short period of time like a drag race or sled pull but you dont want it to be that high for very long.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont use my truck in extreme situations. the biggest load I have is my fishing boat and very little offroading. oh yea i for got to add sucking a ricer burner up w/ my exhaust. so burst's are okay over 1200 but not sustained for more than a few minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts