Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a set of 35"-37" NITTO MUD GRAPPLER on black rims any one no where a good cheap place to get quality stuff is? I don't want cheap wheels that the paint and clear will flake off in a year like my mustang did.

·
Registered
913 Posts
We offer a full line of tires and rims. I would suggest that you stay away from the Nitto Mud Grapplers as they do not balance very well, wear bad and are very loud. PM me if you have any questions.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
We offer a full line of tires and rims. I would suggest that you stay away from the Nitto Mud Grapplers as they do not balance very well, wear bad and are very loud. PM me if you have any questions.
:whs: They look mean but if you do alot of street driving I would stay away from grapplers

·
Registered
814 Posts
Don't know if you're set on NITTO, but if Hankook makes a good MT that handles well on the street and from all the reviews looks to last a long time.

I went with the 35's but they have 37s on 17's, 18's, and 20's.
Even though they're aggressive, I would say that they're in between a an AT and MT. That's just my opinion though.

Mine still look new but I haven't put a ton of miles on them. I know they balanced well and ride well on long trips. You can get them cheap from Discount Tire.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I havent had one problem with my mud grapplers and yes they are loud i had my last set last 35k and still have tread left on them and i was not easy on them either

·
Registered
299 Posts
:rockwoot:I'd go with the trail grappler before the mud grappler. Trail Grappler is more or less the same thing as a Toyo M/T except a few bucks less. Same manufacturer. I have Toyos and buddy with a 03 6.0 has Nittos, and we are wearing about the same.. The backs a lot faster than the fronts :rockwoot:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to be driving from Sanford FL to Ruddy's in North Carolina to Decatur IL. Is there anywhere along there that has stuff in stock a where house or something?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about the mickey Thompson baja mtz?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Sak, any deals on Toyo's?

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
I cant keep repeating this! MT Baja Claw....I dont understand why everybody runs Mud Grapplers or a/t's. The Mud Grapplers suck except if you drive offroad as in an offroad work truck. Ive tried everything in the last fifteen years. Boggers are great in soupy mud, The Denman mud tires are good on older trucks, Im not sure what regular SS's are good for?,Ive never had any luck with BFG's, Thornbirds blow ass too. The michelin ltx a/t's on my ranger had 70k on them and were still good. My cooper discoverer STT's were great tires, all the way around. These Baja Claws are even better. Ive got two sources that ran them on trucks and 60k seems to be the wear life.

37x13.5x16 1598.00 mounted. Im not sure if thats good or expensive but it was a local tire shop thats been around for fifty years so Id rather pay a bit more and know they'll back what they sold.

I urge ya ta check out the MT Baja Claw(radial). When I go to a 4" and 35's Im gonna run the same tires in that size.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I cant keep repeating this! MT Baja Claw....I dont understand why everybody runs Mud Grapplers or a/t's. The Mud Grapplers suck except if you drive offroad as in an offroad work truck. Ive tried everything in the last fifteen years. Boggers are great in soupy mud, The Denman mud tires are good on older trucks, Im not sure what regular SS's are good for?,Ive never had any luck with BFG's, Thornbirds blow ass too. The michelin ltx a/t's on my ranger had 70k on them and were still good. My cooper discoverer STT's were great tires, all the way around. These Baja Claws are even better. Ive got two sources that ran them on trucks and 60k seems to be the wear life.

37x13.5x16 1598.00 mounted. Im not sure if thats good or expensive but it was a local tire shop thats been around for fifty years so Id rather pay a bit more and know they'll back what they sold.

I urge ya ta check out the MT Baja Claw(radial). When I go to a 4" and 35's Im gonna run the same tires in that size.

There aren't many options for 17+ rims in the radial version. I'm looking at the MT site and there are only 33's and 35's in a 17in rim. It appears that most people want to upgrade to an 18 or 20 and unless I'm looking in the wrong spot, I don't see anything listed. On top of that, a lot of people like to get a tire that is rated for over 3000 lbs. The 35's are right at 3k, but the 33's are at 2600. The lack of options in sizes that will work on 08+ trucks might be the reason nobody pays attention to the radial claws. If a 16" rim fit on our rigs there might be some more interest.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
guess i should say i am going to go with new rims too. I am looking at 20" rims and 35" tires. I am having a real hard time deciding hat kid of rim to go with too black or chrome? I like the black rims but i dont think they will look right on the blue and tan truck?

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
There aren't many options for 17+ rims in the radial version. I'm looking at the MT site and there are only 33's and 35's in a 17in rim. It appears that most people want to upgrade to an 18 or 20 and unless I'm looking in the wrong spot, I don't see anything listed. On top of that, a lot of people like to get a tire that is rated for over 3000 lbs. The 35's are right at 3k, but the 33's are at 2600. The lack of options in sizes that will work on 08+ trucks might be the reason nobody pays attention to the radial claws. If a 16" rim fit on our rigs there might be some more interest.
Ahh...I assumed that the OP wanted to just buy aftermarket 17's and run with it. But if he's going to 20's and doing the whole 'bling-bling' thing on his truck then the sizes arent skewed to that look. MT told me they dont make the true offroad treads in sizes for bigger rims because there isnt enough protection for the wheel. I didnt have that problem because my truck has an old set of 589style wheels on it. I did like the 18's I had on it a couple years ago but I had a friends 20's on the front to see how it looked and I didnt care for it on my truck. I might go to an 18 again someday but right now Im diggin the 16's wrapped in 37's.

Sometimes I forget that the newer trucks cant share workboots with their older brothers!:doh:

·
<----Nice headlights!!!
1,868 Posts
guess i should say i am going to go with new rims too. I am looking at 20" rims and 35" tires. I am having a real hard time deciding hat kid of rim to go with too black or chrome? I like the black rims but i dont think they will look right on the blue and tan truck?
DUDE! Find somebody that makes a bronze rim for your truck. Seriously! A 20" bronze in the matte finish would be tits on that ride. Damn, I wish I had a blue and tan NBS to do that with. Like a novakane but bronze! Im tellin ya:poke:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bronze dont think i have seen that got a pic? New thing around hear is the black chrome. Hear is the truck

1 - 20 of 52 Posts