Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there is a recommendation for where to get your fuel filters for the right price. Ford? Napa or stupid autozone?

Thanks

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Not bad pricing but im so far past due I couldn't even play the cheap guy thingI needed them done. Went the NAPA route which wasn't to bad. Hurt but cheaper than new mo-mo's.

Man it does feel good to do a full service ont he truck. Just feels good. Oil, Filter, Both fuel filters. Now hopefully not have to put to many miles on this summer and make that last me longer than they do in winter time!

·
Diesel Therapist
153 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Our local Wal-Mart has started carrying the Motorcraft OEM filters. I can't remember the price but I do remember that it was about half the price of the stealership.

·
Diesel Therapist
153 Posts
On a side note I was at Wally world yesterday. I went to buy an oil filter as they are almost the same price online. I have read that the FRAM and pretty much any brand filter now are the same as the Motorcraft filter do to patents. Well opened one of each at the store and they were identical. All the way down to ht print type, and ink on the filter itself. They look like they cam e off the same line. Both had the exact patent numbers and number lay out. They both say made in the USA in the same spot with the same print color and type. The FRAM was a dollar cheaper. I think they are all made by Raycor and sent out to given company for boxing perhaps. Nothing on the filter itself says FRAM or Motorcraft. I wonder if fuel filters are the same deal?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought mine from sunrise ford who is also a PSN sponsor. I got fuel filters and an oil filter for $75.00 shipped ups to my door. When I do just the oil i get it at Wal Mart.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You could also get the fuel filters, oil filter and a trans filter for less than that including shipping.

Ford 6.0L/6.4L Maint package. We use Racor (maker of Motorcraft filters) for the oil & fuel filters, wix on the trans filter.

Ford Maint Pkg

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
idk but i just changed my fuel filter after 10k and like 8 of that was put on since i moved the truck out here to washington from tn and i've been runnin 2 cycle oil and man the filter was clean. maybe the fuel out here is better or maybe its the ulsd but it was really clean. next time i change the fuel filters it wont be on the fuel bowl because that baby is goin by by

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
If a brand such as wix or fram fails or causes failure to your vehicle they have got to buy you a new engine at least

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
I try to buy locally... Baldwin filters...For the fact you normally have to spend $50 to $100 of filters before you qualify for free shipping...I can't see spending that much on filters at one time... when i can drive 6 blocks and spend $19 to $25 dollars out the door...and be good for 1yr... Shipping most of the time is as much as the product itself...I do understand retailers and sponsors have to add shipping into the price of the item {or} give them free shipping and raise the price of the item to make up for the cost of the shipping...

What makes me scratch my head is surfing the net... for one filter and finding so so many different prices for the same filter... Ya can't blame a customer for trying to find the best deal... 2 local auto parts stores close by... Have the Wix fuel filter with lid... for $41 & $45 out the door...{That is frikken Ridiculous}... Local Baldwin Dealer has their Fuel Filter w/lid for $23 out the door... for the 7.3L.

I did find a donalson dealer on line that has the donaldson 7.3L fuel filter for $19.88 + $6.50 shipping... I guess if money is kinda tight, like it is here with 2 kids close to college it pays to shop around...

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
Now we are getting somewhere folks... DSTRBD nice come back... this filter will be shipped to my door for $24.28 according to your est shipping rates... Very nice...I will look up the micron rating of the Racor and see how it compares to the Baldwin and Donaldson... Never mind already on your site... 7 microns...

Thanks again... Glad I ordered a new lid last month... Gents DSTRBD has the best price that I have found so far... + a site sponsor... I will place my order next week... Wife has to pay the last payment on our 5th wheel this week...She is the boss!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I get mine from here

Wix Accessories: FleetFilter Secure Online Store

I usually buy two or three years worth of oil, air (6637), and fuel for my 97 f250 and my dad's 03 excursion. Also their physical location is not that far from where I live and I frequently pass through the town where they are located and they charge $3 to pick up at their door.

·
Exploding the magma
581 Posts
Why not stick with the best quality, OEM filter for the 7.3L?

Ford 7.3L Racor/Motorcraft Fuel Filter
I am confused...Racor makes the filter for Ford, correct? Racor is claiming it is a 7 micron filter....ford claims it is a 10 micron filter. Obv. either will work fine on a 7.3, they are not CR picky about fuel filters but still...am I missing something or is the Racor filter not rated absolute but nominally?

Ford link:

Power Stroke Diesel - Power and Pride

Slamming price by the way. :bowfast:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I pick mine (6.0L) up at the International Dealer. Part # is 1847170C93. They are only $36.49!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts